Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marie's (marie73) cat 'Cinderella'!

Graphic Contest rules

Blending or any other graphics tricks are allowed.

"Cinderella" must remain the focus of the graphic.

The picture must not exceed 450x600 in pixel size (easier for everyone to see and will not stretch people's browsers).

Use either jpg or gif format so they all show when linked.

When submitting, please use your catforum photo gallery. Then there are no issues if your host goes down for a little while during the voting period. If they're all in the same gallery, then they'll all show up, or they all won't.

Submissions will be accepted until June 4th, 2007 at 12:00am Midnight.

Up to 15 entires will be taken, so if 15 are recieved before the ending time then the voting will start early.

One submission per user.

The winner of the competition picks the subject (and theme if they want one) for the next competition.

Users may not win two competitions in a row - they may enter the next competition for practise, but the entry will not be included in the voting.

Competitions are open to entrants of all ages and abilities.

Entrants will not solicit votes under any circumstances. Encouraging members to join the forum in order to vote for a particular entry will be considered cheating and in such instances the entry will be disqualified.

Users and entrants should remain respectful of their own and other entries at all times

·
Registered
6 Posts
Okay, here's a bit of a quicky. It's a digital painting, based on the photo, done in ArtRage (a wonderful little paint program, and really CHEAP! :D ).

·
Super Moderator
26,496 Posts
You may have to pick someone else's cat to get more responses. :(

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
marie73 said:
Oooh it's absolutely nothing to do with the choice of cat, Cinderella is a gorgeous subject :)

I think the problem is that we don't have many members around at the moment who are good at the graphics, if you look at the last few contests, the numbers have been dwindling. We'll have to see if we can drum up some interest :)

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Stephie said:
I think the problem is that we don't have many members around at the moment who are good at the graphics, if you look at the last few contests, the numbers have been dwindling. We'll have to see if we can drum up some interest :)
That's true...some of the people who participated in past contests haven't been around much. Also, since there is no schedule for when contests begin, sometimes people don't realize there's an active one. Maybe we can PM some of our talented folks and make sure they know about the contest :wink:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
See Marie, it has NOTHING to do with Cinderella! :D

Lisa & Stephie are right. :wink: I'm sure if those members were around more often, this contest would be in voting because we'd have 15 entries by now! :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
marie73 said:
No, no, no, Marie! That's not the reason at all! In fact, I came out of hiding in order to work on Cinderella. :D Ok, so here it is. Kind of rough, but I'm still getting used to my new graphics program.

Well, there are two responses. I'm sure there will be more as time passes. :)

·
Super Moderator
26,496 Posts
Wow, XansArt and Kate! Those are amazing! :D

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I haven't been around the forum much, but I would like to try my hand at this! Cinderella is such a beauty, I'm sure it won't be hard to get inspired. When does this contest end?

·
Banned
11,031 Posts
Gypsy Girl said:
marie73 said:
No, no, no, Marie! That's not the reason at all! In fact, I came out of hiding in order to work on Cinderella. :D Ok, so here it is. Kind of rough, but I'm still getting used to my new graphics program.

Well, there are two responses. I'm sure there will be more as time passes. :)
I tried something like that on the last contest with the crowns. I was going to do that, but I didn't want to repeat myself. I still have no idea what I'm going to do :? . Yeah, Megan, you didn't put a due date :? .

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
It takes me so long in figuring out how to get it into my program and which program I have used. Just too much time for me to figure it out. I want to post pictures of Mango, but too hard to upload and then get into my posts.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought I put a ending date! I'm sorry. :( What I'll do is count 2 weeks from the first entry so we can get more entries, is that ok? :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.