Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard that eating grass will cause a cat to get FUS? My friend's vet told her that is why her cat has reoccurences. Also, are there any dry cat foods that previous FUS cats can eat besides Science Diet? I'd like to see my friend feed her cats premium foods, i.e., Felidae, Innova or something comparable, but I'm not sure if it would be alright for the cat that has a history of FUS.

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi lotocats, I'm not sure about the grass, but I can tell you don't feed cats dry food who have urinary tract problems. My cat Buddy had problems about 2 months ago. My vet told me to feed him Science Diet c/d. Have you read the ingredients of that crap? Luckily I found the Cat forum & Dr. Jean told me to feed him canned food. It took 2 weeks to change his diet to all canned, but he's doing great. He's never looked as healthy. Head over to www.littlebigcat.com and you will have an eye opening experience.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
If your cats has FUS or have had problems with FUS dry food is probably the worst kind of food you can give him, no matter what brand. It's of great importance that FUS-cats drink a lot of water and many cats don't drink enough water so giving them food that contains almost no water at all isn't the best thing one can do. Start feeding him canned food, it contains a lot of water and he won't have to drink much water at all.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not just one

thanks everyone for your responses. First let me say, this is not my cat, but a friend of mine's. She does not have a computer so I do her computer seaches for her. The second thing is she can't feed this cat primarily canned food because she has 7 cats and has to leave dry food down all the time. I know there is a lot of "crap" in the C/D and that's why I was asking if there is another dry food that she could feed all of her cats and keep the FUS cat hefalthy. Also, she does have a water fountain which encourages her cats to drink more now. The cat has remained healhty as long as it's been eating the C/D. I was just wondering if there were other dry food options.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts