Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I picked up 38 lbs of frozen meat from a gal who didn't have room for it in her freezer (she'd been storing it in a neighbor's freezer who was tired of having it take up space there, too). When I entered her house, I was greeted by three dogs who stood eagerly around the table as I went through the meat. As the table filled with steaks and game hens, the dogs looked oh-so-hopeful. Their owner explained to me that she feeds them kibble, and my heart sank. Here was all this wonderful meat that should, by all rights, be theirs, and I'm taking it away for my own 4-legged family, leaving those dogs with nothing to look forward to but kibble. As grateful as I am for the windfall, I can't help but feel guilty, too. I'm finding those pleading doggie eyes harder to reconcile than the fact that I'm primarily vegetarian, yet have three freezers full of meat.

I hope those dogs forgive me.

Laurie

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
How heartbreaking!

Maybe you could return some of it, nicely done up in dog-sized portions...? At least you would feel a little better...

:( Fran

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd only feel better if I thought the owner would actually give the meat to her dogs, but I'm certain she would not. She knew I intended to feed it to my dogs and cats. She had no interest in feeding it to her own, even though her neighbors had been after her to remove it from their freezer. If I hadn't taken the meat, she was sending it to the dump.

Laurie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts