Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I've been wondering since I saw the show and since there's so much "dog talk" on the forum today, I'll go ahead and ask. Is this good for dogs?

I don't own dogs, but I was wondering what people's thoughts were on this show. I felt bad for the dog that kept barking and got yelled at - by her owner. :(

Putting 12 people and their dogs in a house and having them learn new things and compete every week? The musical chairs competition looked so stressful to me, but maybe dogs like this kind of thing.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
I didn't see the show last night, but it really depends on the dog and how the owner handles things. Some dogs just love to learn new things and to please their owners. They are perfect for a show like this. If the owner is yelling, or giving the wrong cues it is going to be stressful for the dog.

Victoria Stillwell, the English judge, is a well regarded dog trainer and I can't see her letting anyone get away with treating their dog badly.

·
Super Moderator
26,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe Victoria is the one who called out the owner for doing that.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I was initially upset that I had missed auditions for that show, but now that I'v e seen it, I'm glad I didn't try out. I didn't like it. Some of the dogs looked stressed out and I didn't like the way some owners were treating their dogs.

I recently tried out for a game show with my cat, but decided after auditions to decline to participate if selected because my cat didn't enjoy the audition process. I get the impression that at least some of the contestants on the show don't care if their dogs are having fun or not. Not all, but some.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
I think Victoria Stilwell would stop it if she thought the dog was being mistreated. If you ever watch "It's Me or the Dog," she comes across as no-nonsense but generally a dog lover.

Speaking of possible mistreatment of animals for the sake of people's entertainment, have you seen that commercial where they show the man and his cat scuba diving? The cat doesn't look distressed, but my God! There just couldn't be a cat alive that would like being submerged in water like that. I feel terrible for that cat. And it's NOT CUTE, advertisers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts