Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is NOT (repeat not) an attempt to restart the inevitable indoor / outdoor arguments - it is a genuine question to those of you with purely indoor kitties.

My cats browse on various cat friendly plants when in the garden (I planted it with that partly in mind). When my sister had an purely indoor cat (long and not very relevant story), she used to supplement her real food with biscuits that were supposed to make up for the greenery absent from indoor cats diets.

I was wondering how you get around this.

·
Registered
804 Posts
You can get cat grass and can grow catnip. I don't give my kitties anything though, as they seem fine without it and one has throw up before after eating greens.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Mine have their own Nip plant, some "Mondo Grass, "Fountain Grass" and out in the enclosed area plain old lawn sod. They love 'em all.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
I planted some cat grass for Joy...she loved it however her stomach did not and it gave her very loose stool! NOT great for a long haired breed....neededless to say the catgrass went outside. I am going to be planting some catnip later in the fall :) As far as other greens. Cats are carnivors so I don't really see a need for them...
Joy is an indoor only cat :)

·
Registered
978 Posts
Tina chews on grass when I take her out on a rare walk. She ends up puking it up so I try to stop her from eating it.

I don't plant anything inside. I don't see a point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts