Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I'm new to the thread and making my required intro post! I just got my first kitten ever, and I stumbled across this forum in my quest to be a better kitty mom.

Kitten (named Roxie) is not our only pet, however. We have three dogs: Nestle (corgi) aged nine, Gypsy (mutt, maybe some beagle and shepherd) aged seven, Chance (GSD) age nine months. We also have three ferrets: Frankie and Sammie, one year old, and Alvin, who is about five months old.

I grew up on a farm, and have all kinds of animals before: dogs, rabbits, parakeets, cockatiels, a myna bird, quail, pigeons, doves, peacocks, ducks, chickens, guinea, turkeys, Canada goose, sheep, goats, guinea pigs, various fish, including a koi pond, horses, and a pony.

Why no cat before now? My mother is extremely phobic of cats, so we never had one. I wasn't planning to get Roxie, but my best friend was fostering a litter of kittens, and offered one to me, and on the spot (after a quick text to fiance) I decided to get Roxie on the thought that maybe she'd be an outside kitty.

HA, She is not and will never be an outside kitty. She is an inside kitty, as in, in my lap, in my favorite chair, and in the bed with me kitty. Stole my heart! :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts