Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone, my name is Zachary and I'm currently living in Asheville, NC, but also spend much of my time in Rock Hill, SC. I am new to the forums, of course, but even more importantly I am a new cat owner! My beautiful little kitten is named Bonnie and she is from Burnsville, NC, up in the mountains and adjacent to a river.

We're both here to learn and to socialize and just enjoy (finally) being together. I've wanted a cat for quite a long time, but life events conflicted for quite a while. More specifically, my mother is allergic, so no cats in childhood. Subsequently I spent four years in the United States Marine Corps and, always living in a barracks (not married) I wasn't able to keep a pet at all. Finally, I'm out and going to school (Winthrop University) for political science and economics and have my own apartment and finally made the choice to seek out a kitten.

Forums are a great way to gather information on what interests people; they helped me get into and knowledgeable about cycling and photography and now I'm here to be a member of this forum and learn from experienced and passionate cat owners. I look forward to browsing and posting!

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Hi Zachary! My husband and I lived in Asheville for many years in the Haw Creek area.
Beautiful country and fantastic city....I loved it there. :)

Enjoy your new kitty and you'll find lots of great info on this forum; I have six cats
and the information exchange has helped me many times. Hope to see pictures soon
of your Bonnie.

p.s.........My husband was in the USMC for 22 years.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cat ownership is amazing. :) Welcome.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Welcome! I was just in Asheville last month for my brother's wedding (he lives a bit west of there). Beautiful area! And I love your cat's name.... I have a dog named Bonny. Hope to see pictures of your little girl!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts