Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there. My name is Shawn. I'll be 22 as of the 18th of February. I'm currently living with my girlfriend, Tayvia, and our two cats, Kevin and Leila. We adopted them through the Denver Dumb Friends League, where Tay works.

Kevin is an odd name for a cat, but that's the name they gave him when he came into the shelter, and it really fits him to be honest :) He's large (I believe him to be a Norwegian Forest Cat), lazy and fluffy.

Our second cat, Leila (also named through intake) came a few months later when Kevin started getting bored. We believe her to be Somali or some mix of. Although we can't be entirely sure, it seems the former owner tried to cut her ears as they're rather short and mismatched. We also had to get her teeth pulled since she had gingivitis when we got her. So far she's happy as a cat with a feather toy (haha), so we're thinking she'll be fine!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome!

Your cats sound adorable. That's awful that Leila was abused like that. It's amazing how forgiving they are and it sounds like she couldn't be happier in her new home!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow, I can't believe what some people think is "alright".

Lots of snow in Colorado? Even in the 'great white north' (Canada) we have almost nothing this year... Bizarre

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the delayed response, been pretty sick the past week. There has been a lot of snow here. Not so much as far as accumulation is concerned, but it powders enough every few days to keep the ground white.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Some people do stupid :cussing things to cats! My cat, when we got her, her paws were literally dyed pink! It took forever to wash and fade it out, but they are white as snow now! I can't believe anyone would cut a cat's ears though! My goodness! What I'd like to do to them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts