Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My kitties and I would like to introduce ourselves. Socks is a gray
and white domestic shorthair and Sarge is a Maine ****. My kitties are about 2 years old. I got them as 4 month old kittens from our local animal shelter. They are my furry children. My husband and I love them so much! I look forward to gaining insight and knowledge from fellow cat lovers. Thanks so much!:eek:rcat

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cat mites & parasites

My two kitties have cheyletiella mites. These mites have also infected my body. I took them to the vet and he prescribed Frontline and also gave them each an injection of Ivermectin. At two weeks, I gave them a followup dosage of Frontline. Now, my kitties are scratching like crazy around their ears. My Maine **** has scratched a lot of the hair off behind his ear now. My gray & white shorthair is also scratching in the same area. We have flea bombed our house many time over the past few weeks and I have had to be treated twice with miticide. My kitties are indoor cats with access to a small front screened porch. I don't know how or where they picked up these mites. All I know is that just when it seems like we are conquering the mites, they show up again, on me, too.
I was thinking about taking them to another vet that has an animal hospital. I want to ask them if they can take the kitties for a few days and treat them to get the mites off of them. While they are there, I could treat my house again. I have read that once the mites are gone from the source, human mite problems clear up on their own. It is like a vicious circle with treating and reinfestation. Has anyone ever had a problem like this? I am about at my wits end and would like any suggestions anyone might have. Thanks so much!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts