Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi *waves* Am starting out as a "Kitten" on these forums. I am little bit of a "Garfield-a-holic", and I love Black Cats! :)

My husband and I had just adopted a 9 year-old black Domestic Short Hair from the Humane Society 5 days ago. Although he was fighting a really bad Upper Respitory Infection at that time, he ran up to us and started "kneading" me and purring while licking my face - that hurt! :D

Anyway, we were told that he was just brought in about a week before, and we were the first ones to ask to see him. :cry: Apparently most of the people that were looking for kittys, had just passed by him..... :(

What surprised me the most was the fact that he comes when his name is called or when you snap your fingers! :shock: I guess I have never seen a cat do that before.....he does knead a lot though....really weird!

Anyway, sorry for the long intro.... but I am just a "Proud parent"! :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sigh...

Yeah...and it was the night we got him too! I can't believe how loving he is right off the bat! :)

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
microlite said:
Anyway, we were told that he was just brought in about a week before, and we were the first ones to ask to see him. :cry: Apparently most of the people that were looking for kittys, had just passed by him..... :(
Awww, that is so sad but I'm very happy you adopted this cat. He looks so happy and cute there in the picture. :wink:

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
What a beautiful cat! It isn't unusual for a cat to knead. Perhaps I'm telling you something you already know, but since he got comfort and food by doing that to his mother cat, he still likes to do it. I call it "making bread," and am always a happy recipient, because I feel as if my cats are doing it out of love. He is grooming your face because he thinks of you as a cat also. That sandpaper tongue does a nice job of cleaning thoroughly, doesn't it?
My cats groom each other often, and they groom me too! That's so sweet. I think he was trying to make a good impression, God bless him!

I love black cats, and am so glad you adopted this beauty!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I don't know why but your post made me so emotional. Im sitting here tearing up for this cat of yours that got passed by so often. How wonderful of you to save him!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Welcome!!! The people passing by him wasn't right. He knew you were right so he made you pick him.

Oh, the raspy tounge is great for pealing your skin. Cheaper too... well maybe not, cat food can be expensive... but a lot more fun. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't express how Thankful I am!

You guys couldn't have made me feel more welcomed!

Payge - I was emotional as well when I wrote my entry....just thinking about how he was forgotten is just heart-breaking! :cry:

Samantha - Yeah, he looks big, he in fact is only 12.8 lbs but is a really loooonnng kitty! :eek: And I love sharing my stories!

Jeanie - Yeah, it does make you feel loved when they knead you.... it's funny though...he keeps following me around all day....he mews at me when I get out of sight! *LOL* :lol:

Aonir - Yeah, I figured a lot of people are out to look for cute kittens, so I figured, why not give a grown one a happy home? I want for him to have the best life he could have for the remainder of his years here on earth, and not in a shelter. :cry:

Kitkat - Yeah, he is a cute cat...aside from the snot flying everywhere when he sneezes! *Laughs* :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:)

Cyber Pet - Thanks! It is painful, but I do like him licking me... gives me a cheap exfoliation! *LOL* Keeps my skin looking younger! :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome microlite!!

Your story sounds similar to my story:
Humane Society
Black Kitties
No One wants
But I want
Kitty so affectionate on first day
Kitty so loving . . .

except I walked away from the Humane society w/ 2 cats that day . . hehe

Congratulations on your new kitty and welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:)

KittyCute - :) I wanted more than one kitty, but unfortunately, Sid has been an only kid all 9 years of his life....*LOL* Who knows, might get the urge for another kitty...can't get enough of them!

Lori - Thanks! Black Cats are the prettiest.....or in Sid's case, handsome! *LOL* :p

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi microlite and welcome! I hope you will enjoy yourself here on the forum. Thanks for giving your beautiful kitty a second chance and a loving home. There are several here that have been adopted by shelter and rescue kitties and we all enjoy seeing another kitty find a forever home.

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks!

Mike - Thanks! I have always rather adopt than buy a new kitten...I don't know, maybe it's because I have this obsession to turn my house into a zoo? :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts