Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone:

With five cats, I thought I join a forum that I could help others and be helped. Our cats are Canadian and American. My wife and I used to live in Boston and Connecticut. Now we reside in Toronto.

We are suckers for cats. They keep showing up on your back porch. Perhaps because we leave food out each day.

I look forward to interacting with everyone soon.

Speak soon,

Azreal

·
Super Moderator
26,804 Posts
Welcome!

Looking forward to lots of pictures and stories.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm...want a story?

Our fifth cat, Mystere is an outdoor cat. We haven't brought her in since already have four cats inside.

She's a black long-hair cat. I'm not sure if she's feral or not. Any ideas? While we left food outside our back door, it took us a year before we could actually get close to pet.

While she stays outdoor during the winter, we have provided her shelter. We also bought two heating pads for her to stay warm at night. We also feel guilty that we aren't doing enough to keep her warm during the winter.

Because of her being a long-haired cat, her coat gets matted very quickly. I remember last winter we had one weird day when it rained and then turned to freezing within 24 hours. When I saw her, her coat was frozen. Poor thing. So we tricked her into coming inside the house. We placed her into the cat carrier and brought her down into the basement -- isolated from the other cats. While she was warmed up, but the next morning she was jump up and down - clearly freaked out that she was cooped up in a room. She we let her out since her fur had dried out.

Any suggestions on how to handle this situation is much appreciated. Now that's it's the summer, she has lost her old fur coast and has a new shiny and unmatted one. She is quite happy now.

Azreal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts