Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here. I've wanted a kitty for a few years now but couldn't - first we were living in an apartment that didn't allow cats, and soon as we moved into a house we got a dog. A big, spazzy, untrained, rescue dog. The past summer I've been volunteering at a cat shelter, cleaning litter boxes, feeding, playing with them. There's one cat there that we all just love, and I considered bringing him home but between the dog and other circumstances I thought he'd be better off there. Unforutnately the foster home that took him had a major issue - one of her own cats hated him on sight, the situation wasn't going well. And they had nowhere else to put him. So I offered to foster him. Now we have the cat in our bathroom (which is set up like a cat suite), and the dog seperated. We HOPE it gets better from here. :( I'd like to keep the kitty, but only if he and the dog get along.

Anyways. I grew up with cats and dogs - my parents have two cats and now two dogs. They all at least tolerate each other, some more than others. :wink:

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It's great of you to foster that kitty now and I hope it all works out. Alot of times with the right introduction, your dog and cat can learn to like each other or at least tolerate each other. Good luck :!:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Lots of our members have both cats and dogs, I bet you will get some good advice. :)

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Dogs and cats are both great! Perhaps the drop of vanilla on the back of the neck *(which helps introduce new cats to established cats) will help with the dog and cat also. I'm glad you're not rushing things. I really hope it works out for you. Welcome!

*It gives them both the same scent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts