Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see this on the Discovery Channel last night? This Tim Treqadwell guy goes to Alaska for 13 summers to commune with the bears until he and his girlfriend a eaten by a "rogue" grizzly. I sat there watching with a gaping mouth. Treadwell was very bizzare.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I rented the documentary. That guy came off as being completely insane, and it's sad he took someone else with him.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I watched it and I would like my two hours back.. oh and the cost of the rental. I thought he was just ridiculous. In the documentary people were saying he was disrespecting the bears and also the presevere they had for the bears.. He was voilating the laws put into place to protect everyone not just the bears. He was stating that he was there to "protect" the bears but what did he do while he was there besides violate there space and enter their habitat? I was soo angry at this documentary... He not only got himself killed but another woman who looked like she didn't want to be that close to the bears.. Of course being around bears that long eventually something bad would happen. I hope no children see this film because it's going to make them think that "hey, it's ok to go up to bears and bother them" this is basically what he did... I think he was nuts.. There are many more ways to Protect the bears then this.

This is just me ranting about this documentary :oops:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
MelissaC said:
I hope no children see this film because it's going to make them think that "hey, it's ok to go up to bears and bother them" this is basically what he did...
If kids think this, I'll wonder why they didn't watch the whole thing, where he dies of his own idiocy. I think there's a pretty clear lesson there.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
It's over. I found it really disturbing. I don't think the man was in his right mind. He was extremely sensitive, and that's admirable, but he was invading the grizzly's environment. The fact that the audio of the deaths was discussed was most upsetting.

There are real environmentalists and vets who are expert at studying the location of the endangered animals and caring for them. I think this man encroached on their specialty, with no training. I fear that he was partly a nature lover, partly ill, and partly an attention seeker. Nevertheless, thinking of that tape was painful. I mourn these two unnecessary deaths, but I don't think anyone could have prevented that. It was inevitable.

·
Registered
73 Posts
aphrodeia, I believe your right lol.. There is a clear lesson. I was just ranting... I just hope it teaches everyone to respect wild animals and their habitat. Did the parents seem kinda weird to anyone else also? And yes I really do believe this man was not in his right mind.. He was I believe thirty something and still slept with a teddy bear??? [/quote]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts