Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got their ears cleaned and nails clipped and they barely put up a struggle. if i keep this up at their young age will it carry over to older age?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Most likely i'd think, Envy has always been a breeze to trim her nails and brush (her ears are always spotlessly clean so I don't bother with that) But Chaos...I STILL haven't managed to get his nails trimmed, I may end up going the soft paws route on him, those things HURT!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have heard that once you get your kittens used to clipping - they don't mind it much. For me clipping is easy when Socks is sleepy, otherwise she will put up a fight...

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I think if you atart out grooming them as kittens they will adapt to it. I have one cat that was an adult when I took him in. He absolutely refuses to let me clip his nails. He never would let me brush him either. I finally have got him to let me brush him and I can touch his paws, but he still won't let me clip his nails. My other 2 cats I adopted as kittens and started grooming when they were young. They are very easy to grrom.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have trimmed by baby's claws since he was a baby. Now, at 4 years old, he even purrs through the weekly routine!

And the brushing always goes well, right up until we get to that sensitive little tummy....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts