Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I bought a comb similar in gauge to a lice comb, but for humans. I paid $2 for it from my local beauty supply store. I had been searching online for a good metal comb to groom Lacey since she's been spitting up hairballs almost daily. They were all much more expensive and with shipping it was almost obscene. I've tried the Laxatone, but it's not really helping. I had been brushing her with a slicker brush, but her fur is so fine, this does nothing for her. She never really sat still for grooming. I have to swaddle her to trim her nails and try to rush through any type of brushing.

But...today I got 3 treats and held them in my hand. She could smell them and let me comb her with the new comb for a good 10 mins or so. It was amazing how many loose hairs came off of her. It made me feel guilty for not doing this sooner. I then gave her 1 treat and after her nail trim I gave her another. She then jumped on my lap and sat down for additional combing and the last treat, of course...lol.

I was just really happy it went as well as it did. I think she definitely will appreciate being groomed on a regular basis. Yay!

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Great story - doesn't it feel great when you figure out something that works for you and kitty? :)

Fran

1 - 3 of 3 Posts