Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here, but being a groomer, and grooming alot of,cats and educating owners about the need for grooming their cats, whether at home or at a professionals, I think it would be a helpful thread for those with grooming related issues to find help quickly.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum! I'm not sure what your question is, or what aspect of grooming you would like to discuss. Perhaps you can be a little more specific. :)

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
Grooming is not really a hot topic around here, it comes up here and there but there's not enough traffic to give it a separate forum. If that changes over time we can revisit...

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand Doodlebug. Susan, some of,the specifics would be combing and brushing longhairs to prevent matting, bathing, nail trimming, removing matts, as well as any of the products associated. Show grooming as well would fall in that category. Maybe in time. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
26,390 Posts
Since most cats groom themselves, it's not something that comes up a lot, except for cats who get into stuff and need to be cleaned. We help each other with advice about matt issues, nail trimming, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree that it might be a good idea to have a "grooming" forum. I too am a professional groomer by trade, I specialize in cat grooming, and unfortunately some cats DO NOT groom themselves! Persians and other longhaired cats, elderly cats, sick cats, often need help. I see a lot of cats with horribly matted hair and skin problems. Would be good to have a discussion forum to deal with these problems. JMO. :)

·
Super Moderator
26,390 Posts
There are many MANY grooming threads here, I don't see a need for a special forum for that topic.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Luckily, I've never had real grooming problems - the ferals I've taken in have been self grooming for want of a better description and the more domesticated ones seem to enjoy it - but, while it would probably not make a whole forum it might make an interesting thread. Thinking hard - okay, what advice do you have for grooming elderly cats that have become stiff?

·
Super Moderator
26,390 Posts
elderly cats that have become stiff
I think you might have issues other than grooming..... :shock:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I don't actually have issues at all!! None of my current cats are even marginally stiff (thankfully) - I was just trying to kick start things.

·
Super Moderator
26,390 Posts
Good to know! :grin:

Grooming topics should be started under Health & Nutrition (if you have a real issue).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.