Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about growth spurts in kittens. My Charli will be 7 months on 9/14, she weighs 7.5 lbs, she is not at all fat, but she is tall, solid, and of good size. From what I was told, her mama was a large cat. Anyhow, Charli is raw fed, and this week she was eating and eating and eating. Last week she was on three meals and no begging, total of about 7 or 8 oz a day. this week she was begging for food so I was feeding her four times, cleaned her dish every time, and as example yesterday she ate 12 oz of food! Today, after an almost week of nonstop eating, she cut way back. Little breakfast, hardly touched food, but ate this afternoon and tonight, total of about 6 oz today. Is this what happens with a growth spurt, they eat like mad for a bit then slow back down? I'm just wondering as I don't know what happens during a growth spurt and wondering if that's what she is coming off of.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh yeah, kittens are ravenous. It makes sense when you think how fast animals grow.
So she does need extra calories.
Now that he is two years old, and his weight is steady, i dont need to give extra calories. (just the occaisonal treat).

Does that make sense?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts