Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a vet, no, two vets that are nearby my house and approve a raw food diet! I am so excited. He was saying such positive things about a raw diet, I never expected that from a vet. He said my cat had pretty teeth :)

Do you guys know pro-raw vets too?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
That is so lucky! NO vets in my town support raw diets, there is a more holistic vet the next town over who might but my parents have no desire to change vets.

·
Registered
624 Posts
You are very lucky indeed! I'm not really sure if my vet supports a raw food diet.
I will ask when the furkids go for their yearly check-up in August:)

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
My vets know about raw feeding, holistic, acupunture and traditional Chinese medicine.....

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Isn't it great when yer vet doesn't berate you for feeding your cat a species appropriate diet? :D I recently discovered our new vet (although I'm still working on getting everyone transferred over)...Cat-only...pro-raw. It doesn't get any better than that in my opinion. :D

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
My Vet told me she has never had a raw fed cat as a patient. But she asked me a ton of questions and listened to what i had to say, now she is actually recommending it as an alternative to others for cats with food allergies (with research). And yes i was told my cats have beautiful teeth also she even added "especially for their age" lol :cool

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
My vet practice does not recommend a raw diet, but supports it if you state you feed this way. They do advocate if you choose to feed raw to feed a variety of proteins, cuts, and parts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I told my new vet a couple months ago that I was considering a raw diet for Krystal, and she said, "That's a good idea!"

The vet felt more strongly about Krystal not eating any chicken, beef, or fish, though. She said cats have been fed these proteins for so many generations that they can easily develop sensitivities/allergies to them (?? I'm not sure about this).

Buuut then she pushed me to buy 3 cans of Hill's Prescription d/d Venison, lol.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am happy you found a raw friendly vet. I went into Tail Blazers to get some raw samples and they gave me a list of "Raw friendly" and holistic vets in the city. I found a clinic very close to me with two holistic vets and although the others are traditional, they support raw diets. Mr Man is going to see DR. Bruce Rodger. He has been a vet for 30 years. I am mildly surprised to see an old school vet support raw!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts