Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Phoenix, Tiger & Crackhead!!!
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it's not really a gunfight, and it's not the O.K. Corral, but that thread title sounded better than "Cat Convo In The San Pedro Valley!!!" ;)

Some shots taken this afternoon as the temp cooled down... not sure how clear all the shots will be, but I managed to get all four cats into the frame on one occasion. They like that concrete slab on the east side, nice breeze there... :)

I snapped a few pics of Phoenix having an afternoon snack in the dining room, and a few of her outside... when I went out the pedestrian gate to snap some pics, my three cats followed me, made me feel like the Pied Piper, lol. :whistle:

I took a few pics of the lizard decor out front, on the gates and on the wall of my home facing the street... remember, I haven't painted the exterior yet, it'll eventually be off-white to keep the home cooler in hot weather, that ugly brown will go. :confused:

BTW, the ocotillo in my front yard has leafed out nicely, as you can see in a couple pics. Following a cold winter, prolonged drought & brutal heat wave, my yard is barren, but now that the rains have arrived the weeds are making a comeback, lol. :cautious:

Okay, here we go, might have to split the pics into two posts, so bear with me. Nice evening now that it has cooled down somewhat, the kittehs are still outside enjoying the last of the daylight. Moi, I'm in the A/C with a glass o' chilled vino... :alien:

IMG_3120.JPG IMG_3123.JPG IMG_3124.JPG IMG_3170.JPG IMG_3171.JPG IMG_3172.JPG IMG_3173.JPG IMG_3174.JPG IMG_3175.JPG IMG_3177.JPG

I threw in some shots of the west side carport, just so y'all can see what it looks like. My lot is actually larger than the fenced area you see, I also own the berm below to the east and a strip around the outside of the fence, not to mention the rather large front yard and berm on the street side. That's just a water stain from the recent rains on my carport driveway, it sure is nice to have full-length slabs under these full-length awnings (60'). In fact, the slab extends further back on the west side, so I actually have room for at least three vehicles and a number of motorbikes, lol... when I get around to owning them again. Nice place to work on vehicles & motorbikes too, out of the sun and rain. I've been meaning to pull an oil & oil filter change on 'The Mighty Camry' but it's not a high-priority task, I swap oil & oil filter at 3000 miles with this older rig, so it's not a big deal if I let her run up a few extra miles, lol. :cool:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Round #2 of pics:

IMG_3179.JPG IMG_3180.JPG IMG_3181.JPG IMG_3182.JPG IMG_3183.JPG IMG_3185.JPG IMG_3186.JPG IMG_3188.JPG

Aw, look at the kittehs on the driveway... if I had the money, I'd get that driveway resurfaced or re-poured, but meh, once again, I don't hear the cats complaining, lol. Arizona is HARD on streets & driveways... think HOT/COLD, lol. Our street is full-on "cheese grater asphalt"---you can't even ride a skateboard on it, it's that rough, and if ya ever fell on a bike or motorbike, that "cheese grater asphalt" would GRIND YA to the bone, lol. I ain't kiddin' either, I'm the kinda guy who notices things like that, having survived extreme sports. Even if ya wore leathers, this street would STILL grind ya, 10-4? :oops:

Alright, enough on that topic, lol. Look at little Phoenix having her afternoon snack, what a cutie!!! She's so small compared to the other cats, but she's already 2-3/4 (human) years old, she'll simply stay an oversized kitten. No worries, I still love her, lol. Last shot shows four cats, with Bear in the dirt at upper right, that knucklehaid... he's such a slob, just like 'Pigpen' in the PEANUTS comic strip. Looks like some cat managed to spill water out of the bowl too, I'm always refilling that bowl with fresh cool water, especially in summertime. Alright, you Cat Forum Heroes, time for this kid to post... CHEERS!!! ;)

Disclaimer: No casualties occurred during this "gunfight" (or cat convo), so no worries... well, maybe there was ONE casualty, this bottle of Chardonnay I'm about to finish, lol. Meh, I'll be sure to contact the next of kin and offer my condolences, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! "HE DID NOT DIE IN VAIN!!!" :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here's that ornery Crackhead attacking a carpet slipper this morning... okay, I actually tossed the slipper his way, but he made good use of it! Lol... dunno why he likes my slippers so much, the other cats don't mess with 'em anywhere near as much as Crackhead does! Meh, like I said, the slippers were inexpensive, and so far, they're holding up very well to the abuse. :whistle:

IMG_3194.JPG IMG_3195.JPG IMG_3196.JPG IMG_3197.JPG

Didja ever see a happier cat? He sure likes those carpet slippers, lol. Cheers!!! :cool:

Edit: I ran some errands in town, then returned home to find Crackhead in the garden tub, lol. I hardly ever use this tub, since the other tub is closer to the water heater, and the water heater itself is not large enough to fill this tub with hot water... the water runs cold when the tub is only 2/3 full. I'll solve that problem later by installing a larger water heater, but for now I use the second tub, which is deeper and narrower than this one. This garden tub now serves as a cat playground, the cats like walking around the rim of it, and sometimes they playfully mess with each other as they goof off in the tub. Here's Crackhead:

IMG_3202.JPG

Sometimes, when he's lying in the tub, I'll turn on the water just to see him wig out, lol. :oops:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts