Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I need to get this for my husband. The man who did not even particularly like cats changed his ways and became a crazy cat man in 2004, when our first stray came meowing at our door. The cat was unapproachable by us, but was all over my husband. He now stops everywhere he sees a stray cat, in a parking lot, behind a restaurant, to feed a cat and see if they will come to him. He is honestly worse than me. We are currently fostering stray #4, until we can find her a good home, and the man slept in our den on the couch with her for two nights, because he didn't want her to be lonely.

Yes, men can be crazy cat ladies too, I have the living proof.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
My ex husband WAS a cat lady. :lol: That's how I I saw a cat who lived inside for the first time.

Also, Erin I just love that ginger boy of yours. His face and that luxurious mane makes him look like a tiny little lion!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
when I was young we always seemed to have a dog around, strays, puppies, and that lasted into my young adult life. Then I met my 2nd wife and she liked cats...We had had one or two when I was younger but they were outside mostly, just hung around to kill mice etc.

Then she got a Male Siamese and I fell for the notion that you need two, they do better as pairs so we had a Blue and a Seal Point for many years. I changed my attitude towards cats...they think, they outsmart, they love, they play, they amuse and they are low maintenance. dogs are high maintenance tho we had one of them around at times too. Mostly indoor but they went out...the cats stayed in.

Then, one got out one day and got runover that night on the highway when we had a hobby farm. We moved to the city a few months later into my SIL's house where she had outdoor cats and a ah...messy house. Our Seal picked up a parovirus and died.

since then we have had others, fostered or just gave our home to neglected kittens, Eliza and CC about 20 yrs ago.......Then Kermit from a pregnant 'lost' cat, then two more abandoned strays.

So I guess I was smitten too by the cat bug. If I had more room for a dog, I might get one again, but I would rather stay with the felines......We will lose Eliza soon, we know....she and CC were 'buds'......but that happens.

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
At my shelter there is a handsome young man (maybe 22 or so) that the girls are all atwitter about that is going through training and wants to work exclusively in the cat rooms. I would say that about 30% - maybe even more of the guys that come in to look at cats are bonafide cat guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts