Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new video of Hachi playing fetch... my last one was when he was around 1 year old. He's over 3 now! Much better at fetching and much more accurate with handing the toy back. Love my little guy :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
7,843 Posts
I would be thrilled if my cats did even 15 seconds of this!! What a good little boy he is! AND SO CUTE!!!!, sleek and shiney - just beautiful.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
what an amazing lovely cat!! I love how he puts it in your hand! When mine USE to play, many MANY moons ago, the best she would do was drop it within a foot radius of me and I thought THAT was fantastic! lol

Great video, thanks for sharing

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks :D Sometimes he will bring it to me and drop it 3~ feet away from me. I just tell him "we're done if you don't bring it to me!". Over time he has learned to keep it close :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thats brilliant. How did you train him to bring it back?

My female cat Sophie loves to chase certain toys but never brings them back :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He did it naturally since being a kitten, but wasn't very consistent and didn't completely bring it to me often. First I started petting him lightly on the head every time he brought it to me, then I moved to giving him a tiny piece of a treat each time (very tiny, 1 treat lasting many runs), now I'm working on saying "good boy" whenever he does something good :)

I don't really know what I'm doing lol

·
Premium Member
7,843 Posts
He did it naturally since being a kitten, but wasn't very consistent and didn't completely bring it to me often. First I started petting him lightly on the head every time he brought it to me, then I moved to giving him a tiny piece of a treat each time (very tiny, 1 treat lasting many runs), now I'm working on saying "good boy" whenever he does something good :)

I don't really know what I'm doing lol
You underestimate yourself!! You are a natural born Cat Whisperer!! :kittyturn

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
One of my foster kittens used to play fetch. It was so cute. He'd walk up to me with his crinkle ball in his mouth and drop it in front of me. He would play for hours!

He's such a pretty boy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts