Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your cats hack? or not?

I have 2 cats and it has been over a year since I have heard the only one that would hack, actually hack...

is it normal for them not to? they clean themselves (and each other) all the time... is it because they are indoor? or am I just lucky?

:?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
My cats dont hack. When they only get a small amount of fur into the system cats don´t hack it just goes right through and comes out "in the other end of the cat" :D so it´s mostly longhaired cats that hack.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a cat with asthma that occasionally has an attack but it's not hairballs.

I very rarely hear any of my other cats hack or cough though they occasionally eat too fast and throw up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
fluffster8 said:
Do your cats hack? or not?

I have 2 cats and it has been over a year since I have heard the only one that would hack, actually hack...

is it normal for them not to? they clean themselves (and each other) all the time... is it because they are indoor? or am I just lucky?

:?: :?: :?:
I think your cats must be passing any fur they ingest through their stool...a food can help with this. Not all cats hack up fur balls. I have four cats and only one on occassion does this. I feed them a dry food that helps with the elmination of fur balls.being an indoor cat has nothing to do with whether they have hair ball problems or not. long haired cats tend to have more of this problem then short haired. Also if you groom your cats will help with the problem.

·
Registered
865 Posts
My long haired cat used to hack up hair balls all the time, so I'm used to it. Another cat I lived with was short hair and would throw up sometimes, but most offen it was because she ate too much.

My new cat Moby has hacked once but nothing came up. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts