Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago my two cats had an intresting problem. The couldn't finish dropping what it is they drop. That is to say, 90% of thier typical... bomb... hit the litter as it was supposed to but they each had a stuck bit. The female twice, the male once.

There as no change in diet before or after, which puzzles me. It wasn't like when they eat tensil and have something dragging. I had to grab a napkin and pop it out once. After the 3 incedents (in about a week) it never happened again. I'm still worried though.

Has anyone seen this before?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah I have had that experience with both my cats

more often with my youngest as he was always a bit squitty as a kitten
but also with my 2 year old, again no change in diet

I think their stools just vary anyway sometimes, and they may have eaten grass or plant matter

I wouldn't worry about it, I know of some people with long haired cats who have this problem all the time

Obviously if they have diarrhea then its cause for concern and a trip to the vets
but a bit squishy and some getting stuck is nothing to worry about

hope this puts your mind at rest
J

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that makes me feel better. One of my biggest concern is my cats personalities... One ran around dragging his rear across the floor to unstick it, making a big mess of his tail. Then tried to lick it clean (I gave him a quick wash). The other just got creeped out and tried to start licking. I know cats have tough digestive systems and lick back there all the time, but thats a bit much.

·
Registered
47 Posts
aah that's sweet †hat your 2 tried to clean up themselves
both my 2 seemed oblivious and just ran around normally with me chasing them with a baby wipe
except one time with Sonic who looked at her rear end then promptly went and sat on the sofa, mm lovely (think she may have been trying to wipe clean)

Yeah I think if you wipe mos† of it off they will lick themselves clean
but if a lot is lef† behind they're not sure what to do

We had a problem with one cat getting it all down her leg as well (she was quite lame at the time due to a fractured pelvis and her leg wouldn't straighten) so we had to clean her up a few times

but don't worry about it
after all everyone gets a bit loose some†imes

hope your 2 are well
they sound adorable

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
CMI said:
I just noticed something last night... The dope (Vash) did his thing, left the box, started walking away and PLOP! A little nugget fell on the floor :shock:
My cat Twinkie sometimes has stuff stuck to his fur since he is a bit medium haired and I have to snip his hair there. My other cat Sugar left a nugget or 2 and it was not a pleasant smell.

Ok so I have long hair and I know there is alot of my hair on the ground if I haven't vacuumed yet. One time Sugar used the restroom and not all the poop was finished I guess and somehow she had a piece of my hair stuck to her poo and she was running around the house really crazy! Finally she stopped after she flung the poo off her rear onto a wall! I know, yuck! I dont know how my hair got down there but at least that was the last of that! :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts