Cat Forum banner

MTV Half-time Show - accident or planned?

• costume malfunction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • publicity stunt

• who cares - it was inappropriate & shouldn't have happened

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4131637/

Basically what happened is..

At the end of the half-time performance during the Super Bowl, Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson danced and sang to "Rock Your Body". At the very end of the song, Justin "accidentally" ripped off a top part of Janet's costume, exposing skin inappropriate for network TV and the family hour during which the Super Bowl is slotted.

MTV, CBS, Justin, and Janet are saying they didn't plan it - that it was a costume malfunction.

My question is -- if it was a costume malfunction, why was Janet wearing a pasty? I think she pulled a Little Kim.

My boss said she heard that Janet was supposed to be wearing a pink bra underneath.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i have a super his res HDTV cap of it... i dont think im allowed to post it here, so i wont... so pm me if you want it

·
Banned
410 Posts
I'd expect that out of MTV, but I don't understand why these performers insist on doing that kind of stuff when they know that kids love them. I'm sure Justin has more teenage and child fans than adult fans. It makes me mad because they were aware that kids would be in the audience and watching on tv. I think it was all set up to get publicity, just like the Madonna/Britney thing. I personally couldn't care less what they do on tv, but I do care when it comes to kids watching it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My question is -- if it was a costume malfunction, why was Janet wearing a pasty? I think she pulled a Little Kim.
Ive seen close ups and its not a pasty...its a nipple ring that goes around her whole nipple. Well i didnt mind but I hear MTV wont be allowed another halftime show performance.

·
Registered
866 Posts
But it looked sooooo structured. If Justin was trying to "pretend" to rip something off, why grab a breast plate to looked easily torn off.

And the clincher for me was that big honkin' nipple ring she had on. why on earth would you wear that under leather with performing (and dancing)? It basically covered the whole area of her nipple and sorta looked like a nipple tassle (yes I saw the pics). Why would she wear it if not to show it off?

·
Registered
866 Posts
And no I wouldn't post the pictures on here.

It would make sense if she was supposed to wear something skin colour and boobie covering, but that doesn't make it an more appropriate.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Sorry for the 3 posts in a row...

Breaking News - it was Janet's fault.

http://entertainment.msn.com/news/artic ... ews=148561

"In a statement released Monday night, Jackson said it was a last-minute stunt that went awry.

'The decision to have a costume reveal at the end of my halftime show performance was made after final rehearsals. MTV was completely unaware of it,' Jackson said."

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have always been a big Janet Jackson fan, but she's going a little too far lately to give her career a boost. If she wants to be raunchy in concert, that's fine. She's hot - and amazingly so for her age - and she should be proud. But, they were performing in front of families and on network TV. I have to say I'm a little disappointed in her. I don't believe that story about red lace underneath - that's just a cover-up/back-up story.

·
Registered
88 Posts
haha I was thinking of posting this poll too...

Anyway I think now that it was totally intentional (that seems to be a given) and I think they both had their reasons:

1. Janet has a new album coming out, and "there's no such thing as bad press."

2. Justin had to do something to top his ex Britney's latest stunt

3. Maybe Janet's just being a good sis and wanted to take some of the heat/press off her bro Michael???

Just some ideas from someone who loves conspiracy talk! :wink:

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I don't think the public is naive enough to believe it was an accident. People don't prepare ahead of time by decorating and partially covering a part of the body ahead of time, expecially not with a metal shield, not unless they have a plan. Well, Janet, you have certainly raised everyone's opinion of your family now, haven't you? Bad timing. To quote Bean's article:

Jackson's performance with Timberlake sparked a federal investigation and set new standards for raunch in an entertainment industry that seems to be setting new highs — or lows — every day.

·
Banned
410 Posts
I don't think this is the end of publicity stunts, though. They can afford to pay the fines--especially if it helps them rake in even more money.

They should take some lessons from Jessica Simpson--she is truely talented and doesn't need to sell her music with sex. I think that's why I love her show, 'The Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica' so much. It's amazing how much her and Nick love each other--they are much better influences on people than alot of other performers. (I also like the show cause Nick is such a hottie!) :wink:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
kittygirl - you are right. I'm proud of her for staying true to herself. But if she did want to use sex to sell, she would blow the other girls out of the water! her body is amazing - i'm jealous! :oops:

Did everyone hear that they are tape-delaying the Grammys on Sunday to prevent any raunchy and inappropriate behavior from being aired? The said the time of the delay is unknown right now, but anything lude will be edited.

I also heard that Janet and Justin will not be receiving their invitations to the Grammys. Serves them right.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts