Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so happy! My little Mr. Halifax is with me finally! ^_^ My fiance is going to send me one of the pictures he took - and will edit the picture in this post soon.

When we went into the Cattery - he was in a pretty big pen - in an air conditioned building. I tried taking him out - and he jumped right back in. =P I wished that we would've brought the carrier in with us - because once I took him out of the building - he was totally mad! He was mewing - and I couldn't let him go - so he tried climbing on me - and ended up scratching me... poor boy... I think I squeezed him too hard at one point because I didn't want him to run away into the woods. He liked jumping all over the place - and climbing... he has the cutest doll face ever! I got to meet his mommy and daddy. His daddy was very playful, and his mommy was sleepy and didn't care hehe. She was sleeping on her own personal bed!

After we got into the car - with him in his pen in the back - we realized that maybe we should bring him into the front with us - so he could hear us talking to him - and so he could enjoy the air conditioning. He screamed for the first hour - I think his ears were popping because of the hills we were leaving... our ears were popping too - didn't feel to nice... poor baby! I think he also was scared of the car ride - probably has never been in a car for 4 hours!

The second hour we put another blanket into the pen with him to cushion the bumps in the road. He was a bit quieter - he tried to sleep - but every time he closed his eyes - we hit a bump. Whenever he caught me looking at him he would cry and cry. We meowed with him - which made it worse - so I resorted to purring at him - and he calmed down a bit more.

The third hour - my darling stayed in the car with our boy while I got us some coffee - we stopped at the Sonic so we could eat in the car with him. There was no meows - but he still didn't like the carrier. We went through a thunderstorm and were hit with hail! We hit a puddle that we didn't see and hydroplaned for a bit... He started crying again and hiding in his blankets.

The fourth hour was the best - no more crying - and very little pittering rain. When the windshield wipers were whiping back and forth - he watched them - turning his head back-and-forth-back-and-forth. The faster the blades went the faster his head turned. Whenever the air was too cold - he would complain and we turned it off until he got hot... then complained for us to turn it back on.

When we put him in the bathroom we left him in the carrier - I told him to let him stay in the pin for a while until he was ready to come out. We came back like... half an hour later... he was still in the pin - we decided it was time to take him out so we could show him where his food was - and where his potty was. After we petted him for a while - we showed him the cat box - which is his favorite at the moment.

He's still in the bathroom right now... so sweet! I shut the doors and put a nightlight in there so he can play around or look if he wants too.

I swear... he is so fluffy and cute... it takes all of me not to give him a big squeeze! I still have to send in his registraition papers - I get to pick from two names - not sure why - maybe in case a cat from the same litter with the same markings wouldn't have the same name... am I right?

I'll try to post lots of pictures soon - as soon as he's not nervious. *Squeel!* My baby...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a picture - but it won't load into my member gallery... weird. An error message keeps poping up about thumbnails - and then it won't let me continue and load them in. =/ I think he is ready to for me to take pics - but if I can't load them in... doh.

I seriously want to take a nap - I've been up since 2-3 and I woke up at 8. I don't feel good unless I get like... 9 hours in... especially since I've not been sleeping well.

After I poured some water over my face - I heard the baby yelling in the bathroom. I went in - and couldn't find him ANYWHERE! Closet... nope... cabnets... no, nadda.

He was in the cat tree we turned around so he couldn't go in the hole... so much for that plan. I turned it around so he could get in. My brother found him later after I was out - stuck behind it again... I'm thinking about moving it out of the corner.

He finally ate something - I gave him a little fancy feast at first - wondering if he would even eat it. He gobbled up the teaspoon full - and seemed like he was starving! The breeder said that Fancy Feast might give him loose stools if I gave too much to him - and he seemed to like wet food... so I decided to open a can of the science diet for kitties and give the rest of the FF to Tigger for a treat. Halifax didn't need to make a meal out of something that would make him sick after all. He really liked the science diet - ate the few tea spoons I gave him all up. The rest in is the fridge.

I thought it was going to be so hard to give him his vitamines... but he just licked all those up too - I was going to try to mix it up with the gravy in the ocean fish for science diet.

I'm not sure If I like the fact that my cat is eatting sauce with his meal... I hope the liver is different. Is ocean fish good for them? I remember reading somewhere it's not to give cats fish a whole lot. I hope he actually likes the liver or I'm in trouble.

He was doing much better today. He played with my brother and me. He actually jumped into my lap - if not just for a few minutes to let me pet him. He is a little purrrrrbaby. He purrs and purrs. He loves all the toys we bought... except for the feather wand and the tiger tail with the feathers on the end. Maybe he is still too small - both toys are much bigger than him. He loves his stuffed puppy... his like... 3 mice... especially his catnip mouse, his tenis ball and his furry pink ball. I still have a stuffed ball and another mouse to give him. He only seems to like them if I play with him though. I don't hear anything out of him - and when I come into the room he is in either the cat tree hiding - or he is in the cat box. I wish I could give you guys pictures.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here he is! My fiance took a picture of him in the car while I was out getting us some coffee for the road.

His points are comming in so well - his feet are starting to look creamy!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ianthe said:
Oh my goodness, he is SOOOOOOOOO cute. Give him a kiss for me :D
I will. ^_^

I'll try using my phone to take more pictures tomorrow - he likes the arm (hand?) strap I have for it and loves looking directly at it while I talk. He is really a ham - he just plays and plays with no sign of slowing down.

P.S. The above picture was taken by my phone - do you believe it? I've had REAL cameras that didn't take shots that came out that clear.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My pink puppy! I love to bite and scratch this one! (I have to make it move or he won't play with it! Check out my hand =P)

"Say cheese!" Where is that voice comming from?!

Here are some of my toys! My loving subjects gave them to me... I will remember them when I have taken over the world with my fluffy cuteness!

Pouting behind the toilet

Gimmie that mouse!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts