Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't be getting my little baby tomorrow... *sniffle* but... I'll be getting him Sunday! *yay!*

My fiance called the breeder and she said that he was such a sweet little boy - and that he just got a bath today and had his shots and stuff. He'll be all ready for us! *so excited!*

I just can't wait to see him! ^_^ He's just so precious and cute. Oh yes... I confiscated Tigger's old cat box (my dad got it for him to sleep in) and his... cat... tree... scratching post... thing. He has never used the box - and my brother was using it for a tv stand/trash can for wrappers. I picked it up - took the trash out - vacumed it - and it was good as new. The cat tree - I've seen him sleep on maybe once - it really isn't made for someone his size - the hole in the bottom would be made for a cat that's like... 10 lbs at the most... MAYBE. I'm going to vacume that out and the top and let the little boy use it - unless my dad protests.

Do you think it's a good idea taking those things? Tigger never sharpens his claws on it - he uses the floor =P. He also doesn't use the boxes because it's too small... I'm not sure if he will become possesive of those things that were his but wasn't utalizing or not. I just hate to see all that money going to waste if he doesn't really want to use them. By the look of the box and tree my father could have easily spent over 100-200 dollars on both. I dunno... I await your advice and comments. ^_^

·
Registered
368 Posts
When I brought Jasmine home she used Otis' old litter box and cat bed and Otis hardly noticed. Jasmine sleeps quite comfortably in the bed without a problem... I also "recycled" Otis's old scratching post which i had never seen him use... Otis did notice that one, but his reaction was for the better - now both kitties use it! My guess is you should be fine - but I suppose it depends on part on the kitty's personality...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True true... personality will probably play a big factor. It makes me feel better that maybe Tigger might not notice - or maybe use the scratching post.

Well... it's 12:30 almost - I have to get up at 7 am tomorrow - wheee! I still have a lot to do. I have to vacum my closet (next to the bathroom) before kitty comes and I scare him. I've got to clean my room - make sure that there is nothing for him to hurt himself on. Make sure that if he goes anywhere in the bathroom that there is nothing for him to choke himself on... or poison himself with. Make sure I tell everyone to leave the lid down so he won't jump in. I've also got to pick out some clothes for tomorrow - dress to impress of course! I'm so nervious, but I can't wait until I see my baby... and I can't wait to take him home. ^_^

The breeder says he is a little sweetie and that he weighs 2 lbs right now. ^_^ My little cutie!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts