Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder:everyone with an all black or all white cat should keep an eye on their kittos-best to have them inside. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes, it is best to have them inside if you can. Even though Jackson is grey, white and black...I got him a safe indoor home, that he went to earlier today before devils night and halloween so I knew he'd be okay and last night, neighbors were partying and carrying on, so, I brought him in my apartment for the night to keep him safe.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's a good idea. Beings my mom doesn't hand out candy for halloween, Jackson will be safe, but, for people who do, it's definitely a great idea to keep them confined until everything is over.
Just worried about this other stray that just popped up out of nowhere now. Went outside a little while ago and swore it was Jackson, even though I know he's in his new home now and saw a black and white cat sitting where I normally put food out for Jackson, obviously been sneaking it whenever Jackson left some behind and I wasn't around and I'm worried about my neighbors little calico cat, he doesn't take good care of her at all, lets her come and go as she please and she only gets to sleep in the garage, won't let her in his house. So, I hope those two will be safe, the black and white one ran when it saw me, but, the calico is way to friendly. I keep checking outside to see if I can check on them.

·
Super Moderator
26,806 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes yes..

My Blacky has been confined since yesterday. He loves going outside, but he is too friendly, and he is shiny black and cute...evil is everywhere so both of my babies are no going out until Tuesday....I wish Blacky was an indoor cat like my Danna (she actually just go outside our patio and comes inside) but unfortunately he likes to go outside a lot..

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
There's a big beautiful all black cat that's come around three times in the last month. He (I think it's a he) rushed in the last time and went straight up stairs. I have a gate with bars there so he couldn't go further, and Missy was on the other side of the gate. I don't know which was the most surprised Missy or him. (Unfortunately I can't keep him).

But to get in line with this thread, if he comes around today, I'm going to try to keep him inside for safety. He'd be confined to the basement (ground level). My only worry would be that he 'd think he'd got it made and has found a home, although I don't know that he's a stray, anyway.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
local shelters have pulled all the black kitties and dogs from adoption already for now. And for the last month were giving people the third degree who were adopting out black animals..

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
My kids will be safely locked indoors as always. I'm more worried about the outdoor cats in my neighborhood. Bad things HAVE happened to cats here in the past for no good reason, let alone the excuse of halloween. One year we had a cat murdered and left on our porch, it wasn't even at halloween. Thankfully my parents saw it before I could. They only told me about it a few years back.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's a black kitty-a house-to-houser of undetermined gender I call Spook/Sylvia. He/she keeps coming to a house where the humans were generous and kind. It now lies vacant,but this kitty keeps on coming. Sad. The weather's nasty,maybe he/she will stay in.

btw,did the female black cat in Looney Tunes have a name? Remember? Pepe thought she was a skunk?

·
Registered
431 Posts
There's a black kitty-a house-to-houser of undetermined gender I call Spook/Sylvia. He/she keeps coming to a house where the humans were generous and kind. It now lies vacant,but this kitty keeps on coming. Sad. The weather's nasty,maybe he/she will stay in.

btw,did the female black cat in Looney Tunes have a name? Remember? Pepe thought she was a skunk?
Her name was Penelope <3 I used to have appliques of her all over my backpack in elementary and middle school.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Oh so that's her name! I never knew, good trivia.

My formerly stray tuxedo, Cap'n Jack is an indoor cat now. I was looking at him yesterday and giving him extra hugs. I thought of Halloween and felt so frightened for him. If he hasn't decided to show up at my house last year (2 weeks b4 Halloween), who knows what would have happened to him. Why are people so mean to cats? 'Tards!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts