Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what everyones plans are for halloween. I will probably just sit around here and pass out candy to the little kids that come by. I'm not sure if I will dress up as anything. Is anyone here dressing up or dressing your animals up? If so, what do you plan to be, if you don't mind me asking? Well, talk to you later, have a good day and a safe halloween.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Next week I'm participating in a haunted house for my town and for Halloween night I'm going to dress up ( :? not sure as what yet) and give out candy.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't think I'll be doing anything, except for stocking up on sweets to hand out to trick-or-treaters. I hope nothing nasty happens this year - a few years ago someone put a stink bomb through my letterbox! :shock:

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Every year I get lots of candy, put a talking pumpkin-or sometimes an intercom on the porch so that I can cackle when I see children coming. I light the house with candles--I don't mean that I spend a fortune decorating, but I try to provide some atmosphere. And every year now I'm lucky to get one or two children. This is a long road and there is a plan of homes at the other end--so the few children on this end go where they can get lots of candy in a little while. Darn! :cry: I love to see the little ones.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I'll probably pass out candy.. It will be my first halloween in this city/area and I don't know how many kiddies I'm gonna get. I haven't dressed up since 5th grade, but the next time(whenever that may be) I'm going to be a kitty

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I am definetely going to get lots of candy for the kids that come by. Putting up candles is a great idea. I don't think I will dress up. If anything I would like to be a witch - a good witch . I believe that dressing the pets up is so cute..but I also know that it is upsetting them so I would only do it for a little bit (because it is so much fun).
I have a lot of things to do all the time so I will pick it up along the way. Nothing planned so far.
ps I love the idea of helloween with the orange of the pumkins and the straw. It feels like magic!

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
I am most likely working, afterwards, I am probably going to go to the movies and watch Chainsaw Massacre. I dont think there are alot of kids in this apt complex but last year we didnt get much kids at all if any. We're on the 3rd floor too. Halloween is just not what is used to be for me. :lol:

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Is there as new version of the Texas Chainsaw Murders? I saw the original on tv, but just remembering a lot of screaming, not a lot of suspense. I lke scary movies too. Isn't there a Freddy Kruger meets Jason type of movie coming out soon?

kitkat, you and I can just cry in our milk! :wink: I hope we get some kids. If not, every version of Halloween (the movie) will be on tv and probably a Friday the 13th. marathon. And Freddy Kruger will be invading dreams on some channel. We could always watch the old Frankenstein and the Wolfman movies--more suspense and less gore. :evil:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yes, there is an older version of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre but the one in theatres now is a newer version. I've seen both and the new one is a lot better I think. I believe Freddy Kruger meets Jason is already out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! It seems most people here will at least be making the best out of halloween that they can. :) I'm still not sure what I'll be doing. But it will probably end with with me waiting by the door to pass out the candy to the kids. lol I love halloween and have always wanted to have a halloween party but I guess it will have to wait for another year.

Yeah I believe the freddie vs jason movie is already out. As far as the texas chainsaw masacre, (spelling) I've seen the old one, too and the new one looks far better on previews. That could also be because I'm not too into the 'older'movies. LOL Anyway, for any lord of the ring fans, I believe the third movie is coming out in december. I still haven't seen you the second one yet but I can't wait to see both. LOL :) Maybe I will rent the lord of the rings the two towers and watch it on halloween while passing out candy! Now that's a plan. HAHA Anyway, I wish everyone a happy and safe halloween this year!

-Randy

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I live in an apartment complex with a lot of college students, so I doubt anyone will bring their kids to trick or treat here.
My fiance is going home for the weekend. I'm staying here but may go out with a friend. If we go out and party, I may dress up as a mad scientist (I work in a lab).
As for the kitties, they'll be staying inside, hopefully chilling out. No costumes. My Justin is already dressed up...he's a black cat with orange eyes! I'll try to take some pics of him soon!
Oh yeah and I'll be hitting the grocery store November 1st to pick up half price candy!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
This movie was very scary yet again. Actually, to me both versions are because the movie is based on real facts. Andrew prefers the original because of the low budget and the graininess of the picture. I think the second is better.
I wonder if they ever caught the person that commited those atrocious crimes. Anyways, I hope he didn't put the people on a hook while they were still alive...like cutting in flesh with the chainsaw was not enough
:cry:

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm going to a toga party on Halloween....hahahah....should be interesting! I'm not letting my boyfriend wear a toga though...he would look a little to funny. He is going as a hillbilly!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oh I forgot to say, I also saw the Texan Chainsaw Massacre.....I actually CRIED because I felt so bad when she had to kill her friend! It was such a gory movie and I don't think I even watched half of it! I kept covering my eyes with my boyfriends arm! I can't believe it's based on true facts...that is horrible. I hope they caught the guy if it IS real.

·
Banned
410 Posts
I am a big scaredy cat, so I hate scary movies. The commercial for Texas Chainsaw Massacre scares me to death--I get up and make sure the door is locked every time I see that commercial! My friend wants me to go see it with her, but I said no way--unless she doesn't mind me sitting on her lap! My mom remembers taking my brother to the original--she said the screaming drove her crazy (I have never seen it, so I wouldn't know.) Hmm, I think I'll go make sure the door is locked right now! :shock:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts