Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I hope you're all working hard on those Halloween costumes by now! for you AND your kitties, of course.

some people think it's cruel, but hey! it's only for a few minutes to get a good picture, right? I endured plenty of humiliation as a child from my own parents at one time or another. certainly for more than a few minutes each year. it's all in good fun. i prefer to think of it as a bonding experience. at the very least, it creates cute memories. ;)

pic attached is not my kitty, but it is giving me inspiration for this year's costume...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Very cute. Thanks for sharing☀

·
Registered
91 Posts
Because what else would Taco dress up as? ChaChi... well she's hub's kitten and he won't let me dress her up. Maybe next year, I want to get her a princess dress because she's so prissy.

·
Super Moderator
26,390 Posts
The costume would be: apparent victim of an attack by sharp objects

The picture would be: me

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yay! I love all the pics. thanks for posting, everyone. keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Halloween '16

Anyone got plans? Costumes? Parties? Candy and kiddos?

I'm trying to put a costume together, a zombie-hunting knight outfit...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm planning to pass out candy dressed up as a witch and have Auggie by my side :) Last year, the kids got a kick out of seeing a black cat on the staircase behind me, so this year I'm going to place Auggie on the comfy ottoman she likes in our foyer so she can watch the kids come by. (We'll be safe! I'll put her collar on even though she never approaches the door when someone is there. She hates being outside, but loves to look at it!) I'll be sure to post a picture! :)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Augie is the perfect accessory to your witch outfit. That'll be fun!

and Razzle, George is just way too cute with his new friend. Those pics are hilarious! love 'em!

I'm working furiously on my 2 cats' costumes this week. The bumblebee outfit is almost done and I'm working out the logistics still on the blue genie outfit...

As soon as they are done (and the cats ALLOW me to put them on to take pictures), I will certainly post!

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Those skeleton poses are great! Abigail would be chewing on it within seconds of it being placed on her though, so I dont think I would manage even 1 picture!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I've never tried to put a costume on Robin before, he MIGHT go for it...

But I bought him his own little pumpkin! I'll carve or decorate it, then post pics!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Olivia was pretty patient with me last night during her "fittings." ha ha! I am so lucky she is easygoing and gentle. Still need to make some tweaks to the headpiece with the antennae, though...

And Angel is going to look so exotic in her genie costume eventually. That is, if she consents to it.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Spooky movie/ T.V. Trivia!

A whole new level of spooktacular fun! Scary movies, T.V shows, even comix, video games and songs... are FAIR GAME!!!!!!!

:kittyturn -Right. Time to hide the candy corn again. neway, the poster who answers a question correctly asks the next question.

Which popular spooky song features a Chinese restaurant called Li Ho Fook's?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my obviously homemade cat costumes

ok, so here they are. not the BEST pics, but figured i'd post them now in case i didn't get any better ones before Halloween.

Angel in her blue djinni/genie costume and olivia in her bee costume. :)

Angel didn't move a muscle from the moment i lay the costume on her till i finished taking the pic. Olivia kept walking all over the place with hers, but it was funny because i think she actually decided she liked it after a while and she lay down with it all relaxed. i think it's cuz it felt like a thundershirt mainly. even after i took it off, she lay on top of it.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oops! forgot to attach my pics! but looks like i'm having technical difficulties...will keep trying.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Halloween Cheesecake Brownies

1 pkg brownie mix

1 pkg Philly cream cheese

1/3 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 egg

16 drops yellow food coloring

6 drops red food coloring

preheat oven to 350f

make brownie batter, spread onto 13x9 baking pan

beat all ingredients but egg and food coloring, medium bowl, electric mixer, add and beat egg and coloring

spread onto brownie batter, bake as directed on package!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.