Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little princess is 2 years old today! She's having both a good and bad day. The bad part is I'm in the midst of major renovations at home (which explains why I haven't posted for a while), and Abby doesn't like all the noise. She often goes down the basement and hides underneath a skirted ottoman...poor little thing. The good part is that one aspect of the renovations is finished, namely I installed pet-safe retractable screens on my front porch, creating a large new outdoor enclosure for both the girls (and me!). My porch is about 30' x 7', so we have lots of room, and both Abby and Muffs LOVE to sit outside watching the birds and a few chipmunks who make their home in my front garden.

Here's the birthday girl sitting on her favorite chair (my lounger!) on the front porch.

And another picture showing both girls enjoying a bit of their new "enclosure". Notice how considerate they are...they've left the small cat tree open for me to sit in. :)

Ane now a picture of what I'm dealing with inside (yikes)! You can imagine thd noise level that accompanied this mess, which the girls don't like, although they seem to be coping quite well. I hope to be able to post a bit more again once things aren't so hectic around here!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Happy Birthday beautiful kitty!!!

That porch is amazing! I love screen porches :)

We will want to see after pictures of your renovations ;)

·
Super Moderator
26,808 Posts
Happy Birthday, Abby!

One of the most beautiful cats ever!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
OMG! Happy Birthday, Abby. And ummm...YOUR lounger? That statement needs some editing as in Abby's lounger...lol.

Wow, it must be very exciting and terribly frustrating to have the house in that state. Hang in there :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Happy birthday gorgeous girl! I hope you're being doubly spoilt having your birthday amongst all that disruption! :p Evie and Mitzi are very envious of your new outdoor enclosure!

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Abby is a beautiful birthday girl. I hope her day wasn't too stressful at the jobsite. I bet a few hours in the lounger made up for the noise.
How do you get "pet safe" screens? What a great idea!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Abby says thank-you to everybody!

How do you get "pet safe" screens? What a great idea!
They're "pet safe" in the sense that if the cats climb or jump against them, they won't tear (allegedly). That said, both of my girls are very gentle, which gives me more comfort. They have tried to climb up the screens to get to a bug at the top, and there's been no problem. If you're wondering how bugs get inside in the first place, the screens are retractable. They come with a remote control, so I can raise them up when not in use and they just disappear into the porch ceiling. When I lower the screens, a few bugs that happen to be inside the area get trapped, and they form the source of the girls' new "raw diet"! :) They love chasing the bugs, especially moths. They absolutely love being outside and I really enjoy having them out here with me. Plus, I love the fact that I can now sit on the porch in the evenings without getting eaten alive by mosquitoes (I put the screens down when I come home from work before the mosquitoes emerge on the scene for their nightly feast).

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Happy Birthday sweet girl. The enclosed porch is a great present for you.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the birthday greetings, Leazie & Brianna. I too love the porch, although I spend a lot of time standing up there, since the girls keep stealing all the chairs!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Happy Birthday, Abby :) I hope your gorgeous self had a day of wonderful pampering :) Your cat's are absolutely gorgeous, Susan,wow! I also love your cat tree, i love when cat tree's look like an actual tree :)

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Muffs and Abby say thanks to Rocky for the compliment! That was very kind of you to say. I also like their tree-like cat tree...it's hollow in the middle, with several perches inside and holes they can climb into. They often chase each other in and out of the tree. It's fun to watch them.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Happy Birthday Abby! Hope you have a great one!(and a lazy one!lol)
She is absoluetly gorgeous, Susan!
You're having reno's done aswell!? Isn't it a nightmare, lol!
Noise is hectic...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts