Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doran's first birthday was June 1st! My little boy is now a man, *sniff sniff*

In all the fuss on our trip I didn't have time to post a thread for his b-day, so I'm doing it now that we're back.

Doran is my little love boy. He's all about his mum. When I'm chilling out on the couch he comes and sits next to the couch and stares at me. Then he waits until I'm not paying attention and jumps onto my tummy with a little "SURPRISE" chirp. He still likes to suck on my sweaters, and he loves to knead me.
Him and his daddy have a constant battle, when Doran's cuddling me he waits til his dad looks, then very casually kisses my neck, or rests his paw on my hand, like he's claiming me.

He also has a very serious crush on Miss Jitzu. He follows her around, acting all cute. Then he'll very gently put his whole arm across her shoulders, force her to lie down, and groom her. They also greet each other with headbutts now :D They have a very special relationship.
Sometimes Jitzu doesn't want to be groomed, so she hisses and swats, and bites. He just very casually holds her down with this look on his face like "It's ok baby, I know what I'm doing." Waits for her to settle down, then goes back to grooming.

He's very sweet and loving, and so gentle with his sisters it always amazes me. To invite Torri to play he walks up to her and flops down at her feet, then he paws very gently at her. Because Torri only plays if she's winning, lol.
Last night Torri wanted to play, so she walked up to him, bent over and bit his foot! He got a confused look on his face, then flopped over and let her play with him.

Doran is the biggest right now, at around 12 lbs., but I think Muffin will be bigger in the long run.

Here's some Doran pics, from teeny baby to my Little Man.

The first time I saw him. He was about 2-3 days old, in one of my cat shelters.

At about 10 days old he was abandoned by his mom. I found him and nursed him, I did take pictures, but they're all on my old camera...
Here he is starting to explore at around 4-5 weeks:

Cuddling with mum, this is still his favorite spot.

Getting bigger, 5-6 months

Playing outside

Cuddling Dad, last week

Him and Jitzu, showing Love...or at least tolerance

Muffin and Doran, Brothers and Best Friends

That's my boy! I love all my kitties the same, but Doran is really my baby. I remember teaching him how to drink from the bottle, keeping him clean, and driving an hour to work with him crying the whole way! I taught him how to use the litterbox, how to drink from a dish, and finally how to eat big kitty food. He's my gentle boy, and my little lover.

Happy Birthday Dor-cat! From your mum and dad.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
:bday :bday :bday

Happy Birthday to Doran! A milestone! Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures, story...

:) Fran

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Happy Birthday, Doran!

Wow, you and your meowmie love each other soooo much!

:bday :smiles :party

·
Registered
328 Posts
Happy Birthday Doran!!! :bday
The first birthday of our kitties are special moments... did he get something special for his birthday? ;)

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, since me and his daddy left that day for our vacation we left the kitties a special dinner.

DUCK! Yum!!

A while ago I bought a few Urban Carnivore duck patties, whole duck ground and formed into a patty.
They love them, and they got that for dinner.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys! Doran appreciates all the well-wishes :D As do I. He is a very special boy, and I'm so glad to have him.

(also, sorry for the long delay, i lost the thread...)

Expect more since all my kitties b-days are between june 1 and september...with both girls being july babies :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts