Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Aww, thank you guys! :D It was a good birthday - got out of work a bit early, went to dinner and a movie (Deadpool) with my boyfriend. When I got home, I found a cake in the freezer, a gift from my family - and it was actually a flavor I like! My family has a tendency to get cakes in the flavors THEY like (e.g., German chocolate) because they expect to eat a large portion of it ;} This was the first year they actually listened to me saying "I hate German chocolate"! XD

It was mostly a quiet birthday, which in my old age (34) I have discovered is better than excitement ;}

·
Registered
891 Posts
Yeah, the downside to still living at home with family at this age is that they literally never went through the realization that at some point, I hit adulthood XD I am still 14 years old in my mother's mind and my sister's (btw, she's 40 and still lives at home too! - my dad's severely disabled so we both stayed living at home to help take care of him.)

However! I'm taking the peanut-butter ice cream cake as a sign that maybe, just maybe, they're realizing I'm not 14 any more and have actual likes and dislikes now XD (they'll constantly ask me things like, "you know, you used to love putting on a piece of string as a tail and pretending you were a wolf! You don't like doing that any more?" Me: "... I was SEVEN." Or "you used to love musicals! why don't you like them any more?" No, I just had no choice but to go to them when the family would go, because, you know, being a child, I had no say in the matter!)

I also bought a few things for my cat and I am pretending they are my birthday gifts to myself. For my cat. Yes. That sounds legit. >_>;

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hope you had a great birthday LakotaWolf! I can totally relate to the whole family thing, my father still thinks I should come to their room before going to bed to have 'family time'. I'm just like, now this is awkward lol

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Oh! Happy Birthday Lakotawolf! Hurray for the birthday cake you actually like! Ha ha!

and thx so much for the info on raw diets. I plan on PMing you back when I'm not at work. ; )

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAKOTAWOLF!
I'd wished you one, in our Counting Thread, two or three days ago! But here's another! :D
Sharon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.