Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Methos, our old white guy, turned 17 this week. Little leaner and can't get off the top of the fridge by himself any more, but what-the-hay. I can't get off the top of the fridge with out help now days either.
He came into our lives from our vet when he was still a bottlebaby. In all ways that matter he is still my ittybitty baby. Happy Birthday to my favorite old white guy. Thank you for all those cold mornings with you making sure my nose was kept warm by sleeping on my face. Thank you for not letting me float away by firmly keeping me anchored to my chair using every claw you own. Thank you for keeping me from too much black in my wardrobe.
Pixel will be 17 in November this year & Bentley was called a senior cat when we got him 11 years ago.
My elderly neighbor came over this afternoon & we celebrated while Methos gave her hugs and claimed her lap. He likes her even tho she is a dog person. Or maybe it is just to get her dogs to pitch a fit when she goes home covered in white cat fur. :cat3

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Awwww...Happy Birthday Methos!
You sound like a Very Special Kitty! :)

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Happy 17th, Methos!
Spoil him with treats and kisses!
I've got a fridge jumper myself, that's where all the goodies are kept! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes, Happy Birthday Methos! When our cats get older we have to celebrate every one because we don't know how many more we'll have together.

Our cats are 2½. I can only imagine how much more attached you get with them over time.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
A very belated happy birthday to the old white guy! bkitty, your post just cracked me up. :D

Bill, I don't know if you really get more attached. It's kind of like super glue from the beginning. ;) But it gets harder to imagine not having them there with you, especially when they start closing in on the "average" life span age. And of course, the little furballs don't show their age like we do, which makes it that much harder to imagine! My girls are 14, and they look just like they did when they were 2 (well, one of them's quite a bit heftier, but still).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts