Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the word "a$$" to "bottom" in the Happy Bunny thread. I pm'd Joys to tell her why I did it. I was nice about it!

I hope I did it right. If I did it wrong, please let me know. I want to be a good mod.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
I don't know how others feel about the words that are only vulgar, but not considered real swearing. I don't like them, personally, and wouldn't want my kids saying them. However, the forbidden words are being deleted or changed automatically by the program.

I just thought that to change butt to a$$ was for shock value in that thread we were discussing. I wish more words were automatically deleted, every word you don't want to hear from a school child or relative.

Catman, what do you think?

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
If its the forum change thing there is a problem i found with it.
I dont know if it is a bug in my forum- or phpnuke, but with some words they cant be cencored because it messes up other entire words, for example the word "ass"
We changed it to bottom, someone writes the word "Ambassador" and it was coming up "Ambbottomdor" see my problem? amusing to a degree, but limited some cencoring.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
I don't think that can be helped. The word D-i-c-k comes out as Richard, so as it is, a word such as D-i- ckson comes out as Richardson. Just an example, so the person has to choose a different way to say things. You know, as amazing as they are, computers can't discern intent!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Yes, I loved when a forum with the word censoring changed the word "embarrass" on me. It came out "embarr***". :lol:

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
The program is already here; it has been since I joined the forum. I think that's funny, Rob! Better to have a smile than to be offended. :) (or offend someone else!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts