Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I was coming from a consulting job I was doing down near the border. Alot of semis coming up this part of arizona. I saw this tiny little Chihauha running down the side of the highway. (no collar :twisted: ) The highway has a cement barcades so the poor little dog couldnt get off the highway. It was terrified. I pulled over and started running after it. Waving my hands for cars and trucks to slow down for it.

A woman stopped her truck and ran after her too. It ran across the highway to the center median and was a hairs breath from being run over by a semi. Then it ran back across to the woman by the time I caught up. It proceeded to bite her 3 times drawing blood huddling between her legs shaking. She was bleeding big drops of blood.

I booked back down the highway to her truck. She had a towel in her luggage. For once in my life I didnt have a kennel, towels, or anything in my car! Never there when you need it.

I had seen on Dog town how they got control over a dog with a towel. So I proceeded to do so. The woman had thought it was my dog. She has three of her own.

The sherrif stopped and gave us a tongue lashing for trying to rescue this dog. It went in one ear and out the other. How could I not.

I put the dog in my back seat of my SUV.. my back was filled with construction stuff. It crawled back into my lap and curled up while I drove.

I called the director of our Cat TNR and Rescue about it on my cell phone while driving. (Were in the hole right now.) She started making phone calls. I pulled up to her house and unfortunately our treasurer was there. I laughed when I saw the look on his face. Hes a great guy trying to keep us on coarse. Dont we work with cats? Now Merry is bringing dogs back?! :oops:

A voluteer from the other dog/cat rescue shelter came and got the little chihauha. She kept looking at me like I choose you... no no no... I dont want to go. Thank goodness for all the big hearts of all the voluteers who at a moments notice will help out. Shes in foster right now. Waiting for spay day! Then placed at the no kill shelter for a responsible forever home! Thank you Cathy, Patti, Sue & Tom for making this possible.

Edited to get the dog gender correct!

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Bless you and the other woman for saving that little dog. Of course, the others derserve high praise also.

Good luck little one.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Nawww you should have kept herrrr, looks like she realy took a liking to you!

Great job saving the poor thing, good on the woman for stopping too.

Im sure the little chihauha is very grateful. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts