Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, heres the story. I took in a pregnant cat 9 weeks ago, she had the kittens a week after that. She had a litter of three, all male. The kittens were feeding well and very healthy. They have been eating wet food for the last week. All three keittens were picked up by the families that i found for them yesterday an. This morning i noticed that the mothers stomach is hard.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
428 Posts
May still have milk

I can't be positive, she may still have milk. Also, the last mama cat I rescued developed an infection in her milk and became ill. The vet put her on antibiotics. If you can, I'd suggest you bring her to a vet for a positive diagnosis of the problem. If it is infection it could be very serious.

·
Registered
676 Posts
There are 2 things I can think of.
1 it could still be the milk in there, it can make her belly very hard and swollen.
Another possibility, althougth I dont' know how likely this far afterwards, she might still have a kitten in there. If that is the case please have her screened by a vet. It's good to after a mother has kittens anyways to assure she's still in good health.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
Yes, have her screened by a vet and this is a great time to spay her. She could get pregnant again. I too took in a pregnant stray, who will be spayed when the kittens are 8 or so weeks old. If you can't afford a spay, see if the vet or a local shelter will offer a discount.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts