Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Nito is actually very good at walking on a leash. When he was younger, we used to use the harness that BunBun uses, which is mean for bunnies. He had no problem with it. But now he's outgrown it. I spent a while looking around for a new harness that would fit him and still be comfortable. See, he has these narrow, boney, slightly jutting shoulders (just the way he is built) and many harnesses are uncomfortable to him. I can tell by the way he walks when it is on. Even when loose, it still bothers him.

So, what I would like to know: What are some brands/styles that are more comfortable for kitty but still effective (and modestly priced) ?

Here is a picture of Nito wearing it

And here is a picture showing the style of it as far as shape and how it's worn

It's that stripe along the top, that connects the neck loop area to the underarm loop area, that seems to bother him, as it rubs awkwardly on his boney shoulders.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I bought one from petco and Izzy and Munchkin seem not to be too bothered by it. But they dont like being walked on the leash.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ooohh, verrry interesting! I may look into that, or see if I can find a similar product at the local petstores.

The softer jacket material would be much more gentle on his shoulders!

·
Banned
439 Posts
coaster - good advice :thumb

the breeder I adopted from uses the jackets.
not only do they comfortably secure the cat,
but you can also lift the cat by it's handle.

I used them during my cats 4 hour trip from
Virginia to New York by Plane, and they were
secure and comfortable despite being thin and
squirmy little devils. I only use that H-harness
while I bath my cat, since I need secure them
while exposing most of their skin to shampoo.

I can email my breeder where she got hers
but it may take a few days to get a reply.
They had kennel information on them, so
they may have been a promotional item.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts