Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Well I officially got Magic and Maleke into their harnesses a couple days ago and we ventured outside! Neither of them have ever been on grass before, and it was SO FUNNY. When they walked they lifted their feet really high into the air. It was so cute! My boyfriend put Maleke on a tree trunk (vertically) and he climbed the tree! They just LOVED it outside!

Getting their harnesses on is a different story! They struggle and go nuts when they are in the house......trying to get out of it. But once they are outside they forget about it. We got Maleke a purple one and Magic a red one. Haha. Has anyone else been bringing their cats out on leashes in this nice weather? Has anyone gotten any strange looks by people? I get weird looks all the time!!!! I guess walking a cat looks unusual, but that's not going to stop me! They love it!

·
Banned
17 Posts
Lol. I hear you.
Everyone gave me strange looks when I took Chibi outside on the pavement to walk around.

He's kind of complete opposite though. He has no problem with us putting the harness on him but when he goes outside he kinda sinks really low to the ground and then plops almost as to say "This is so embarresing, I'm just going to stay here and hope no one sees me." I don't really trust the harness that much anymore though.

I was traveling with Chibi to Virginia from New York and we harnessed him up and took him outside for a stretch in a rest stop. Other people were walking their dogs and it was only right for Chibi to be able to stretch. WELL....we put the harness on him and took him out of the car and he walked UNDER the car. Next thing I know, my mom pulls on the leash and there is the harness, still strapped together and intact, with no cat attatched to it! That little Houdini! I got so scared, but luckily Chibi just walked out from under the car and let me pick him up. Thank goodness he didn't run into the parking lot.

Your cats seem very active outside! Chibi just kinda likes to go on the patio and plop and just watch the birds fly by. Lazy lil thing hehe.

I can imagine how cute that must've looked though with your cats lifting their feet. :D

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I made a post here about walking my 2 cats recently.

Basically I started yesterday to take them out at nite b/c its much quieter and so they can get used to it. Sugar loved it but still crouched low to the ground like a army girl and Twinkie (I took them out seperately) just plopped down too :!: I have to pick up their bellies and then they walk a few more inches. After about 10 min. I was at my next door neighbors house.

I wonder if I will ever get to walk the kitties besides just standing there with the leash in my hand? One day soon I hope.

I get weird looks too I think but not many of my neighbors are outside though. I don't care though but I know if I saw someone else walking a cat, I would be looking too. :lol:

Just make sure the harness it tight around the underarm area b/c Twinkie slipped out of his harness in the house when I pulled the harness over his head. I was so shocked and scared that I made sure it was tighter under there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts