Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toby seems fairly comfortable with his harness (a cheap figure 8 type that I'll update" walks around, plays a bit, he doesn't move quite as quickly bit it doesn't seem to bother him either. Never tries to get out of it or do the "fall over" thing.

Since he's not really fussing I'm wondering how long should I keep it on him each night to get use to it?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I have heard that Figure-8s aren't really good for cats, because they pinch at the shoulders, or something. But supposedly H-type are easy to squirm out of. I may get the mesh/jacket type, as those seem to not have any real downsides to them.

I probably wouldn't leave it on more than an hour or so. Also, once he gets used to that, clip on a leash and let him drag that around for a while. He'll get used to the extra weight ...just supervise him, so he doesn't get tangled up with table or chair legs or somethin'.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We actually had the leash on outside. He was mostly frozen but did take a couple steps. he seems comfortable with the harness and leash just doesn't move around much. We went inside and I left the harness on for another 1/2 hour or so.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've never done inside training, just put the harness on (small dog Roman style harness) and took them outside. They are always far to interested in exploring to worry about the harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts