Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a red harness for Tuffy today-he keeps begging to go outdoors and I think this summer he would love to go out for short walks and I would so love taking him --

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to introduce him to the harness? He's never even worn a collar, so I'm abit worried how it will go.

·
Registered
422 Posts
For Cherry I have her wear a collar, and she was used to it since she had one at the shelter and then I just put the harness on her and let her play in it. She still doesn't like it a lot, but she doesn't complain. She knows it means outside.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
OMG! I put the harness on Mow inside the house first to let him get used to it and it was so funny I almost wet myself.

He started rolling around the place like a weeble wobble and acted like he couldn't walk and kept falling over. It was hilarious. Then when he realized it mean he could go outside he was all about the harness. Now when I pull it out he goes nuts.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I think it all depends on the cat. When we put Francis on a harness for the first time, he didn't like it and he was starting to get aggressive. Vinnie however loves it. Does Tuffy have claws?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I don't think you can because he's declawed, but we'll see what tohers think. The shelter told me that I can't take Misa outside because she was also fron pawed declawed..

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I am with him at all times I was told it would not be a problem. The issue with having them outside with no claws is that they are unable to defend themselves. If I'm with im I can protect my baby and believe me I will! :)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Hehe.. I'm glad you got faith in your cat! I want to take Misa out too! I don't really care whatt hey say. I only wanted to take hero ut when it's nice outside and for like pet blessings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts