Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I don't know how many of you are Harry Potter fans, but I love the books and the movies. Just to let everyone know the new Order of the Pheonix movie comes to theatres on July 13, 2007. Still has been no news on the final book date.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I love Harry Potter too... i spent the first 2 weeks of my summer vacation last year reading the first 5 books again before reading the 6th one... and "The goblet of Fire" movie was released on my birthday so it was the best birthday present i could ever ask for... :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
i adore the books! I could read them forever...but i';m just not a fan of the films! I think that's because I have a perfect picture in my head of what all the characters are like etc and the films kind of spoil that image. Plus they're rubbish! :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me and a friend of mine went to the goblet of fire movie at 6:00 p.m. to sit in a line-up. They had a special midnight showing at our theatre. 6 hours in a line up with other Harry Potter fans. It was so much fun. We always line up for the midnight book releases too. The book store was in the mall next to a coffee shop. The coffee shop completely transformed itself into the leaky cauldron. They even have special Harry potter drinks and snacks! So much fun.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I didn't make the midnight movie release because I wanted to see it with the kidlet. I did, however, attend the midnight book party last summer. Hubby and I caught a 10pm movie at the mall's movie theatre, got out just after midnight, and walked down to get our book. :D It was fun!

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Erik and I are fans.

I don't know if I'm looking forward to the next book, I think it's going to be too different for me.

We just watched the movie with the Tri-Wizard tournament this past weekend and we both really liked it. I think it was one of the best so far.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I less than three the HP books! I'm so excited for the last one to come out, I want to see how long it takes Harry to figure out that ***SPOILER*** he's the last horcrux ***end spoiler***

I'm a fan of the movies but I also hate them, the writers take out the really REALLY funny parts of the books to put in those stupid 'hedwig flying around to angsty music symbolizing Harry not knowing who he is' in every movie!!

and I'm not so sure I like the girl they chose to be Luna Lovegood, she doesnt fit what I had in my head for her

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
About your spoiler, Cass, I disagree. I should refer you to some essays from my friendslist... the vast majority of all those LJ friends of mine are from the HP fandom. :D Whee!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I love the books, especially Order of the Phoenix, but I absolutely hate the 3rd and 4th movies. So far from the books, and the kids are wearing Muggle clothes, and DD is not teh same as in the 1st 2 movies, and- and- Oh well, I'll just read the books more. But our family got a huge laugh watching that 4th movie. :roll:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I just, and I mean just as in about an hour ago finished Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Wow......

I saw the first three movies before I read the books. I really liked the movies, but of course the books were so much better. Anybody know when a new book is due out?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Paw Prints said:
I love the books, especially Order of the Phoenix, but I absolutely hate the 3rd and 4th movies. So far from the books, and the kids are wearing Muggle clothes, and DD is not teh same as in the 1st 2 movies, and- and- Oh well, I'll just read the books more. But our family got a huge laugh watching that 4th movie. :roll:
And see, I adored the 3rd and 4th movies. While I'm not thrilled with how Gambon is portraying Dumbledore, the films themselves feature better acting by the kids, and the movies capture the essence of Harry Potter. The first two films were so sappy-sweet that it almost gave me a toothache. They tried so hard to be word-for-word readings of the books that they completely forgot the atmosphere and attitude of the world. I'd have to say that POA was my favorite of the films, despite the fact that it left out some VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION. (Can't believe that film 4 didn't clean it up, but I suppose they had enough to get done without tying off loose ends.)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Paw Prints said:
The first two films were so sappy-sweet that it almost gave me a toothache
:lol: That's how it was for me, too. I've just given up on the movies...
I think we need more David Thewlis. The camps are strongly divided on his performance as Lupin, but I think he's perfect.

(I admin on a HP fanfiction site, so I make it my business to be opinionated on these things. :lol:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts