Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in another thread, but I haven't got any responses yet. I didn't know anything was wrong with hartz products. I used hartz flea and tick drop last night. Then I read the post and went to the website about it.

I tried to clean as much of it off the cats as I could. There is NO way I can get them in the bath. The last time they got baths it took three people to get it done :( I wiped them down a few times now.

It has been 9 hours since I put it on. If something was going to happen would I have seen a reaction by now?

I used the biospot treatment on them a bunch of times and never had any problems. Then I read in a thread last night that isn't good either.

I feel bad for not researching this properly. I'm definitly going to use advantage or something like that from now on.

Can someone help? I don't want to think they are free and clear and then be shocked if something happens.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
With as many people who've had problems with Hartz products, I'd say get to a vet ASAP. Or at the very, very least, call your vet and explain what's happened. He or she should be able to give you proper advice on actions to take. If your cat starts having any problems (head starts to shake, can't walk, acts drunk, anything), get thee to a vet immediately. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

I hope that your cat suffers no ill effects from the medication. Good luck and please keep us updated on what happens.

·
Registered
656 Posts
When Jerry got sick from Hartz it was a couple hours later. However i put it on all the animals, at the time 2 cats a 1 dog, and Jerry was the only one who got sick. Please click the link in my signature for more info. Read some of the stories posted by the victims of hartz, this should give you a better idea.
Also frontline or advantage dont really cost that much more than the stuff you buy in the store. You dont need an appointment to get it usually either. Just call or stop by your vets office.
I hope everything is ok with your kitty!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called the vet and they said if they did not experience any reactions within the first 24 hours they should be OK.

Were are at 23 1/2 hours and they all three seem to be fine. Thank god!

I didn't get any sleep last night. I just kept checking on them to make sure they were all OK. I hope to get some sleep tonight. They should all hop into bed when I get there in a few minutes :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts