Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to keep their kitty off of a surface? I really can't imagine them liking to walk on that? I am going to Home Depot and find out my own answer. I'll let you all know but would like to hear your thoughts. Please, NO pssscat comments or tin foil because that won't work any more and is not applicable. I know cats are very stubborn but this little demon I have takes the cake for being persistent. Happy Holidays to all.:santa

·
Registered
719 Posts
It might... or, it could have the opposite effect and the cat might like the rough texture and use it as a scratching surface.

I have strips of non-slip tape stuck on my cat shelf, which has the consistency of medium-soft sandpaper, and neither of my cats seem to mind lounging on it. But if you're using the grittiest sandpaper you can find and it's applied onto the entire surface, then that could do the trick.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Personally, I think they might be attracted to it. It would have the feel of stable kitty litter, I would think. Hopefully Lamb Chop won't pee in it! Worth the experiment to find out though! Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that you say that You might have a point. I think now it is going to be up to the individual cat. Could go either way.
What might also work is the metal that you put on dry wall corners to keep from crushing them. I think I will cruise the isles at Home Depot for something appropriate. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts