Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat had the wierdest experience this morning, she was running around and I noticed she had a piece of string on her backside about 3 inches long, I figured that she had sat on it and that it had stuck to her so I grabbed it to pull it off of her and about 6 more inches came out from inside her butt, apparently she had eaten the string and was passing it, I have been around cats all my life and have NEVER seen anything like this before, have any of you ever experienced anything like this before?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I did years ago with Pepper but she had to be operated on as it had twisted around her gut. See was lucky I was told as if I had waited much longer, she could have died. :cry:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Buffy LOVES to eat string (fortunately she hasn't eaten any in a while). Once she got into dental floss and some of it was trailing out of her butt, stained brown from poop. My sister stepped on it and it came out, which you aren't supposed to do (if they're still in the intestines, you'll cut them up), but fortunately there was only about an inch in her butt, so no harm.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad my girl did'nt get hurt, I never would have pulled it out if I would have known that it was inside her.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Didn't happen to my Kassity and I never heard of that before. But I hear of other strange things that some cat's had a bad experience with. Like eating a rubber band and it came out fine but one poop was at one end and another one in the other on the rubber band. Poor kitty... :(

·
Registered
512 Posts
This happened to my kitten tammy earlier this summer. It freaked me out as I knew I couldn't/shouldn't pull it out by it was bugging me so bad that I wanted to!
It finally came out on it's own! :)

·
Premium Member
9,135 Posts
Gosh I learn something new everyday on this forum
I would of pulled it not knowing!!!!
File this one away to remember "just incase"!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have seen it. In fact my BIL and SIL's cat is nicknamed Tinsel Butt. Thank goodness she wasn't hurt and they never use tinsel anymore.

Jackbuilt

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Mr. Kind said:
I did years ago with Pepper but she had to be operated on as it had twisted around her gut. See was lucky I was told as if I had waited much longer, she could have died. :cry:
How much did that surgery cost and did they operate on her the same day?

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
If it happens again what I would do it cut the string (Or whatever) so it isnt annoying. If the cat hasnt passed the rest of it within 24 hours go to the vet. As others have said never pull it incase it is wrapped around something.
(Altho its tempting, well not pullnig stuff from a cats butt, but ya know LOL)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts