Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. =) hope this is in the right section! i just had a quick question. i just switched my cat's food to canned & am having to reheat half of it in the microwave as she doesnt eat the whole can in one feeding. i know alot of other cat owners heat canned food in the microwave as well. i just wanted to know if anyone has any tips for getting rid of the leftover kitty food smell after heating.

it smells gross & i don't want the smell mixing with our human food (as i'm sure that would taste just lovely lol) so yea any tips for getting rid of the smell? thanks.

·
Super Moderator
27,274 Posts
Welcome!

When someone burns popcorn in the microwave at work, I heat up a cup of water with some vanilla flavoring in it. Maybe if you keep a cup of that around....

But honestly, I think you're putting it in for too long if there's a smell. I've only ever used the microwave for about 4 seconds to warm some cat food. You don't even want it to be warm, just room temperature, to take the chill off. Since the smell bothers you, you could also just add a tiny bit of hot water and stir it up, that's what some of us also do.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I only mocrowave for about 5 seconds, and honestly it doesnt smell as bad as when my fiance microwaves his ham and swiss cheese cracker things he likes. Yuck :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.