Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having several blissful nights of sleep ( I can't believe that my kitten has actually calmed down) when the night before an important day my kitty Cleveland decides to relieve his toddler years by pouncing on anything that moved under the duvet, on top of it, near it or even looked likely to move in the next five minutes! In a moment of desperation I shut him in the kitchen and returned to my bed to have him plonk his butt on my head five minutes later. I tried other rooms ( I live in a small apartment so that's about 3) but no joy, he has mastered door handles. Houdini has been reincanated as my cat.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
If you have the standard european door handles (not the round door nobs you see in northern america) you can set it to be vertically instead of horisontal, looks really weird, but works wonders with dogs, cats and babies. :D

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a standard european door handle. I just went for bribery rather than altering my house design :) bought him a big rustle tunnel to play in so if he gets bored at night he goes and plays in that in the lounge. It's when he leans how to pick locks and use keys I'll really start worrying!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Misty, that's a way to solve it! (or you could have changed to the round door nobs they have in the US, try opening a door with some butter on your hands *giggles* :D)

Talking about remodeling the house... I just placed an order on new book cases. I have 7 book cases with books and I'm sure those poor books are going to suffer from the kittens. Clawing themselves up (getting a good grip) is one fear I have. Not that I have any expensive and exclusive books, but I'm going to get new book cases with doors... then I can also keep my crystal glasses and other valuables under lock and key (well at least harder to get at).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts