Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surfboard likes you to take your whole hand and rub it over his face. He demands that you do this. A friend called it "birthing rubs". Anyway, I was doing this a few minutes ago and I guess I accidentally touched his eye. Now he won't open it. It's been like 10 minutes...am I overreacting? Could I have done damage? At what point should I become concerned?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's open now but all swollen. I didn't even realize I had made contact with his eye. I feel so bad :( I guess it will get better over time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wouldn't worry much. cat's eye's are sensitive to alot of things, but their bodies should take care of it. if you scratched the cornea and it doesn't get any better within the next few days, then there's cause for concern maybe.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel so bad. It looks like he has a black eye :( It'll all runny too, clear though, not puss-like discharge. I guess it could be worse. But I feel like such a bad mom!! I gave him a black eye :cry:

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
adavis, since it's still not looking good, I would take him to the vet. Corneal scratches can be serious. At least call the vet and ask them whether you should bring Surfboard in.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back from the vet...no scratch. It is just inflamed and will need drops for the next 10 days. I feel much better now knowing that he'll be okay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts