Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night Buddha blocked Fay from getting into the house to have dinner then a few minutes later he knocked her into the pool. This is no way to live. Fay's lost several pounds because of the stress over the last 9 months.

So I decided it was time to implement operation Suburban Barn Cat. Put Buddha back outside as I found him but feed him and provide him with shelters that will allow him to survive the brutal Florida winters. What more could a cat want. The neighbor I catnapped Buddha from claimed he couldn't get him to come inside.

So Buddha spent the night outside. Peering in the window. And the morning peering in the window and meowing pitifully till he finally went over and tried to dig a hole to get under the screen cage and back inside. That's when I opend the garage door and he came flying in. After he ate I offered him open doors twice and he won't go out. What a wimp.

At least this has taken him down a notch and he's avoiding Fay.

I'm going to build him a spot in the garage so he can spend nights there with access to the outside leaving Fay safe inside. I'll have to velcro screen him into the bedroom while I'm at work 'cause he's just not the big marauding outdoor tom cat he used to be but he's a bully with Fa and Mia.

Yep, I've already exhausted every re-homing option. Nobody wants a full grown cat.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
oh, how i wish all our cats could just get along! life would be so good. i mean, i like a challenge, but not THIS much challenge.

good luck to us all with those strong personality cats!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Eh my cat Binky is mean to everyone, cats and humans, so she stays in her own bedroom, away from the kitties. It's a big bedroom, so she's more than content, and the others are safe.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Prince used to attack Princess, so I trained him to be scared of me if he attacked her, so he didn't do it when I was home (which was most of the time). When I went out, I'd close her bedroom door. He still goes after her once in a blue moon nowadays, but mostly it's history. It took about a year for her to be able to come out of the bedroom, but now we're one happy family, with her still afraid of him coming too near her.

I know all the kindness you've given to Buddha, I commend you for it and if there's any way to avoid throwing him outside, please-please try it. I know all about no one adopting adult cats and the streets being the only available option.

If he wounds the girls, though, that'd be the red line I think.

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Sorry it came to this Dave. It has to be heart breaking. Keep feelers out there. You never know who might turn up to take him.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Awww. Sounds like he enjoys the finer things in life. Too bad he's bullying the girls. My cats don't bully but they wake the kids up at 4 am so I had to resort to putting them in the basement at night. I made it as cat friendly for them as possible but they act pitiful about being secluded down there. They want to sleep with the kids but in return they want the kids to get up when they're ready. I got tired of my daughter coming into my room at 3 or 4 and waking me up because the cat woke her up. Actually it's just Miley who does the waking up but they would hate being locked away from each other. They're littermates and do everything together. So they both go to the basement at night. I feel bad but I need sleep!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts