Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in another thread, which isn' appropiated so I'll repeat it here;
My 5 yr old cat Madam has a problem; not sure if it's a health problem or behavioral.
When she poops_sometimes, not always, though it seems more often these past days_stools don't fall off, she comes from the litterbox all hunched and we run after her to catch her and wipe her. Or if nobody gets to it, they eventually will fall anywhere in the house. :roll:
She doesn't seem to have any trouble pooping, just don't call it 'droppings' :wink:
We gave her some Lax'aire. She eats only dry cat food, I think that's part of the problem. I know sje'll have at least renal problems with dry food but ever since I adopted her last year that's all she's eaten and wouldn't do moist food at all.
I've seen tiny kittens do that (poop hanging behind them[sorry for the image]) but then mama would lick them clean..Any ideas most appreciatted.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
One of our cats do that once in a while, too. Is she a long haired cat? If she is, maybe it's getting caught there and she can't help it.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yes, especially in long-haired cats, they can create quite a mess back there. Taking them to a groomer or the vet for a quick "butt-trim" usually resolves the problem.

However, if it is the stool consistency that is the problem, that calls for a dietary change. See http://www.littlebigcat.com/index.php?a ... chingfoods
for tips on getting a dry food junkie onto a better food.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank-you Crystal and Dr. Jean..I'll check the food website because I think it might be diet..she is a shorthair. And one way or the other she should have other foods not only dry..
Thank-you again :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts