Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my kittens are eating expensive food ($7 a bag is expensive!)..it's the food they were eating when we got them. but, i don't have that much money, and i'd like to know some of the healthiest brands i can find at the grocery store. i don't know all that much about the different brands because my past cats have been extremely picky, so as long as it's diet food, and they'll eat it, i'll feed it to them. but these kittens seem to eat anything, so i'd like to get them on the right track without going broke.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Anything that´s ISN´T based on grain. And make sure the food dosen´t contain to much magnesium (not to lttle either). To much magnesium can cause urinal problems and to little can cause musclecramps. I haven´t got the exact figures of how much magnesium the food should contain but I´m sure you can look it up on the internet.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I give my cats Iams dry food and Nutro wet food in the pouch. It works out great. I always get coupons in the Iams bags. The nutro pouches are $.49 each. I am starting to look into higher quality foods that contain no by-products. But your trying to escape the expensive brands. My friend feeds her cat science diet and her cats love it. My cat would trow up the science diet so see what your cats like. REMEMBER to switch their food slowly so they don't get diarrhea and vomitting. They will take to it better if you switch over slow. Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts